Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did it! It really does work!

Posted by   + Show Post
I finally got our son to fall asleep in his crib without being in the room! I never thought this day would come, he's even sleeping through the night!

You wouldn't believe it, the screaming and thrashing baby from 6 months ago, crying in his crib for me to pick him up, it's the same little angel lying peacefully now.

You know how they're always saying just keep moving towards the door each night until you're outside of the room atfer laying them down when they fall asleep? That's all I did. It actually works. No more screaming, I didn't have to let him cry it out, just love and patience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Replies (11-16):
alandou
by April on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:28 AM

awesome! that's a BIG relief!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM

That's great : )

Brandy85412
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM

how long did it take? And did you or do you still nurse? Did you rock him to sleep before?

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:35 PM

It took about 3 months, I never thought it would work, I nursed him until he was 10 months and had to stop because I got pregnant again, I stopped producing enough and he didn't like the taste anymore. I used to rock him to sleep, but that quit working and I wanted our bed to be OUR bed again.

Quoting Brandy85412:

how long did it take? And did you or do you still nurse? Did you rock him to sleep before?

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM

What I did was simple, but it wasn't easy because he SCREAMED and CRIED for a LONG time the first few nights before he finally calmed down. I started out by having some cuddle time with him in the rocking chair (it's easier if you have transition time instead of just putting them in the bed at bedtime), I laid him down and just kept talking to him in a calm voice and stroked his hair until he settled down, I don't remember how long it took or how many tylenol I needed after.

It only took a few nights of that routine before he quit screaming when I laid him down in his crib, but he would still stand up and not lay back down if I stepped away from his crib, so I had to stand next to him every night for another 2 months. I started slowly creeping away from his crib until I was finally out of the room when he fell asleep.

Quoting gorgeousbaby:

Oh I'm jeleous how did you do that? I have to sleep with my kid to get him to bed!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Congrats!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)