Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I need baby shower gift ideas!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 30 Replies

Next weekend my mom and I are going to a baby shower for a friend, who is the dad. We have only met his girlfriend once and she is very nice but we would like to go to the shower to show support for both of them. Anyway, since we don't really know her so we have no idea what kind of stuff she likes, or what her "style" is. She has a 2 or 3 year old so this isn't her first child. I asked him what they needed or wanted and he said diapers but I will be damned if I am showing up with just a bag of diapers LOL! Anyway, I don't want to go crazy or anything since I don't know her (like some of the cool homemade things on pinterest) but I would like something she can actually use. My baby shower was 7 years ago, so I am a little rusty.

Ideas?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM

make a diaper cake, that way they get thier diapers and you actually spent time on it. and then the top of the cake you can put like washclothes or little onsies.

Si21
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM
How about a gift for them? Diapers for baby and maybe a giftcard or something for them to go out and eat after baby sometime as their own treat?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

A basket full of diapers,ointment,baby washes,washclothes, booties,no scratch mittens.

babygomez
by April on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:13 AM
My niece has this cute portable mobile, like a mini crib mobile with a clasp. I think it's pretty cool and does come in handy for me when I am changing her diapers. I attach it to a shelf I have right above the changing table. I'll take a pic of it and come back...
robibuni
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM

My go-to baby shower gift is swaddlers!! 

I tend to get a pack of diapers and a swaddler or two. My children loved them so much I gift them to everyone I know!

MommyofSCC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM

If you are crafty maybe make some burp cloths or receiving blankets.  It is something you can never have to many of and not to mention it has the home made touch.

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Yea, the big 40/40 gauze swaddlers is my go-to.

Quoting robibuni:

My go-to baby shower gift is swaddlers!! 

I tend to get a pack of diapers and a swaddler or two. My children loved them so much I gift them to everyone I know!

babygomez
by April on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Did they not register?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN