Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

A diaper question

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 46 Replies
I am pregnant and I started thinking about diapers and their cost.
For you experienced moms: how much do you spend on diapers? Has any of you tried cloth diapers? Do they actually work?
Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellysparkles
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
We use Pampers Swaddlers and buy them in bulk from Sam's Club. We spent $80 the last time on two cases and that was about a month ago...we still have 1/2 of a case left. There's usually coupons and I like the Swaddlers the most.

I haven't tried cloth but I've heard great things; just expensive to start up your supply but worth it since it saves so much otherwise.
xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Of course cloth diapers work! That what everybody used until 30 years ago. I use cloth and love it. Disposables cost 2000 plus from birth to potty training. My cloth cost me 400 and will last through more than one kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

my sis in law makes her own diapers and they aork wonderfully. me, i buy luvs and swear by them. they are cheaper than huggies and pampers and for my kids work better. the others would leak during the night and luvs does not. im ok with the whitecloud brand as well. i started buy 1 package of diapers every payday because i had csections and didnt want to have to worry about going to the store for more for awhile. the ONLY time i bought..wanna say its pampers is i bought maybe 2 packages of the newborns that had the top cuttout for the unbellical cord. only used that until it fell off then i went to luvs. i tried folding the diaper top down, but it still would come up and rub on the cord and cause issues, so i just bought the newborns with the cutt off top

DragonInfinity
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We've never tried cloth diapers....but we buy the off brand or store brand diapers. We prolly spend $50 a month in diapers of course that number would be more for newborn-size3....Both my babies are in size4 and getting ready to start potty training.......Sorry not much help!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

g5em
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Thanks! I think I will try both. Cloth when we're home and diapers to go out. Does it make sense?
LongBeachLiz
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this
We use cloth. It's hard to go to the store and spend $20 on a thing of diapers to literally throw in the trash. Cloth is cute and cuddly. Plus I can donate to others in need, reuse for another child, or sell them. :)
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM

makes perfect sense. my SIL does that too. though now she has made a "wet bag" to put the wet/dirty dipaers in when the baby needs to be changed

Quoting g5m:

Thanks! I think I will try both. Cloth when we're home and diapers to go out. Does it make sense?

pittymama
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

i use cloth. i spend 20-40 a month on my cloth diapering addiction and she has.. probably 50 cloth diapers? the initial cost of it was 89 bucks for 20 diapers and 20 inserts. i LOVE spending the money on cloth opposed to disposables. 

g5em
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I def need a wet bag too. I will initially buy a starters kit. Then I will put my sewing skills to use and try to make my own ;)

Quoting sahmw2010:

makes perfect sense. my SIL does that too. though now she has made a "wet bag" to put the wet/dirty dipaers in when the baby needs to be changed

Quoting g5m:

proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I buy parents choice...the $13.95 box it has 92 in it...or their $20 box with 144 in it..great deals imo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN