Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attention and babies

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

I never knew just how much attention a baby gets! I can't go anywhere without someone stopping us and wanting to talk. I almost thought today would be the day that we'd get no attention. Of course, he had to make a noise and the lady in front of me turned back. Lol She kept telling me how alert he was for 5 months and I just smile because I have no idea how babies act at certain ages. It's just really sweet what they always say. Especially today. She told me that I must've had a great pregnancy, because my son was glowing!  It makes me feel good, like I'm doing things right :) don't you? Being a mom is very rewarding. I love it 

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM

:-)

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Haha my babies are glowing and i was on bed rest the whole time for each. But i always heard the sicker u are the better they are. But yes it always makes me feel good. Especially wjen everytime we go to the well child check ip the doc says keep up the great work
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:07 PM

: )

lauratupper
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM

:)

Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM
The sucker you are, the better they are?

Quoting sahmw2010:

Haha my babies are glowing and i was on bed rest the whole time for each. But i always heard the sicker u are the better they are. But yes it always makes me feel good. Especially wjen everytime we go to the well child check ip the doc says keep up the great work

Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Sicker....lol. Sorry

Quoting Ptitchou:

Quoting sahmw2010:

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM
According to my wacked out OB she said that the sicker u are during pregnancy the healthier they afe because they are taking plenty of nutriants for themselves. I have no clue. All i DO know is i was on bedrest for all 3 kids and all 3 are happy and healthy. The first one wasnt as bad, second one i wasnt sure either of us was going to survive the first trimester, this last one they put me on bedrest for the first trimester up until month 6/7 i was good than about 8 until the end i went back on bedrest because everytime i stood i had contractions. The others was just bedrest for first trimester

Quoting Ptitchou:

Quoting sahmw2010:

Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM
That is wacky.

I was hardly sick at all (I do count my blessings and feel bad for those, like yourself that suffer so much) and gave two healthy kiddos as well. Not sure there's any correlation. Lol. But interesting!

Quoting sahmw2010:

According to my wacked out OB she said that the sicker u are during pregnancy the healthier they afe because they are taking plenty of nutriants for themselves. I have no clue. All i DO know is i was on bedrest for all 3 kids and all 3 are happy and healthy. The first one wasnt as bad, second one i wasnt sure either of us was going to survive the first trimester, this last one they put me on bedrest for the first trimester up until month 6/7 i was good than about 8 until the end i went back on bedrest because everytime i stood i had contractions. The others was just bedrest for first trimester

Quoting Ptitchou:

Quoting sahmw2010:

merryvoice
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean. Before I had a baby, I never much paid attention to whether or not babies got attention. But since having her, there has literally never been a time when I've gone out and NOT gotten attention for her. People are always telling me how beautiful she is and asking questions about her. I've even been told I should get her into modeling, which I do plan on trying once we make our huge move.

In any case, I get what you're saying about feeling like you're doing things right. I am constantly told what a good and happy baby she is, and that makes me feel like I'm doing my job right. Like I'm raising her well. Happiness is a huge thing to me, and she's been a happy little baby pretty much from day one. She randomly giggles and laughs for no apparent reason all the time! It's so great. 

I'm glad for you, mama. Keep it up! 

baby gift

graycalico
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Interesting. My dd was a super easy pregnancy, and easy healthy baby. My ds was a hard pregnancy, he's had lots of issues and been very demanding. I'm curious to see if my dd2 will match her pregnancy too, its been a breeze so far. Lol

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting Ptitchou:

Quoting sahmw2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)