Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby's first tooth

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 4 Replies
Okay so I am a little freaked out... My almost 5 month old has started cutting a tooth. At first I thought it was a normal incisor bc I could feel a sharp hard place in her gum on the bottom left side. I haven't been paying attention on where my finger has been that she's been chewing on until tonight. And I freaked. My husbands aunt who has a child also saw it and said it is definitely a tooth but get this, it's her lower left CANINE. Wth?! Is this normal? Do I need to call her doctor? I'm kind of beside myself on this one so ladies if you have heard of this before please let me know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mylittlelovely
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I apologize if I am overreacting. I'm a first time mom and have always been told the middle incisors come in first. Anyone I personally know, their babies middle incisors came in first. I just want to make sure that everything is okay and that she doesn't need to be checked out for it. I just want to make sure she is as comfortable as possible as any parent would want for their child. That I don't need to do anything different. In a way it's like seeing something on your child's body that is rare or unheard of and you don't know what's going on so you check it out right? That's what I'm doing here. I'm not as panicked as my post makes me sound but its been a crazy day bc she choked earlier so I guess I am just on the guard...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Teeth can come through in any order, nothing to worry about.

Zazayam
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:20 AM

That's a little different, but nothing to be worried about. :)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Quoting lauratupper:

Teeth can come through in any order, nothing to worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN