Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

In home childcare?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:12 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm meeting with a woman on Weds to talk about my possibly watching her 3yo 3 days a week in my home. IF we decide this is a good fit, then comes the discussion about money. I have absolutely no idea what the 'going rate' is, I don't want to lowball myself, but I don't want to shoot it out of the park with some ridiculous number either. ...If she has a number in mind, I also don't want to take it blindly. I'd like to have some sort idea as to what's reasonable. So...any ideas? It's roughly 8 hours per day, 3 days a week. Ideas? Suggestions?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MABmommy
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Check with your county office what rate they pay for low income families. It is my dream to one day open a day care in my home. When I do, I will charge the rate my county pays. That way if you start watching other kids whose families qualify for low income day care assistance you can accept the county pay an charge the same across the board
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM

bump?

mlb456
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I do 20$ a day n they have to bring their own lunch n snacks.. when i had ds in real daycare i paid 125$ a week but they covered lunch n snacks
robbinsroost
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I charged $20 a day plus $2 a day for food for the little guy I used to watch. This was almost 1/2 of what his mom was paying for daycare.
baquick
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM
My certified in home day are provider charges $35 per day or $135 a week. I love this lady.
jessicaaris
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

When my DS went to an in home daycare about 3 years ago I paid $20/day and had to pack his lunch. Every now and then she would provide lunch if they went to the park or whatever. I thought it was reasonable, and more affordable than a regular day care. I prefered an at home because it was smaller.

jessicaaris
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Oh and he was about 1 1/2-2 years old at the time.

Kristen.Marie
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I pay $45 a day. All food included.
poohbearkfc
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
I do in home daycare and I charge $50 a day. But that is a decent price for where I live. Its actually on the lower end. That does include everything.
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I charge $20 a day. I don't charge if they don't come n I take half day pay if they puck up before 11am or drop off after 12pm. I charge flat $10 a week grocery fee. All snacks n juice included if they send their own breakfast, lunch, n milk. I work 7-5, after 5:15 there is a late fee.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN