Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Ok ladies, help with sleeping!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 6 Replies
My daughter.is 8 months and won't sleep DAY OR NIGHT. She use to be a great sleeper. Its been about 2 months without any good sleep in my house. I am bout to be that crazy ladybecause I need somee sleep lol. Tricks and tips to get her sleep for more than 30 min at a time?
our bedtime routine.. bath every other night, jammies, cereal/bottle, cuddle, bed, I some times have to fight about 1 hour to get her to sleep. HELP PLEASE!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lauratupper
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM

is she teething?

Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Could be teething or a growth spurt

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Sometime between 7-9 months there is usually a sleep regression or disruption in the norm. This can be due to teething, a growth spurt, new milestones, new awareness of surroundings, separation anxiety, or any combination of those. The good news is that it is a phase and does end.

Have you tried changing the time she goes to sleep? She may not be tired at the same time. Or she may just need a little extra reassurance that you are nearby and need some extra love. Have you tried rocking her? Putting her to bed asleep? Have you tried some teething remedies? White noise or soft music? These things may work, they may not. It really depends on your child. She may act like this for a few more weeks but will likely start sleeping again soon. You may just need to be patient and wait out the phase :)
tekcrkark
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I rock her to sleep, and have music on. But I am glad it is a phase, hopefully it will end soon!

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Sometime between 7-9 months there is usually a sleep regression or disruption in the norm. This can be due to teething, a growth spurt, new milestones, new awareness of surroundings, separation anxiety, or any combination of those. The good news is that it is a phase and does end.

Have you tried changing the time she goes to sleep? She may not be tired at the same time. Or she may just need a little extra reassurance that you are nearby and need some extra love. Have you tried rocking her? Putting her to bed asleep? Have you tried some teething remedies? White noise or soft music? These things may work, they may not. It really depends on your child. She may act like this for a few more weeks but will likely start sleeping again soon. You may just need to be patient and wait out the phase :)

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM
All three of mine went through it in varying degrees. It does end but it can feel like forever while you are in it!

Quoting tekcrkark:

I rock her to sleep, and have music on. But I am glad it is a phase, hopefully it will end soon!

Quoting YzmaRocks:

abra
by Abra on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM
If she used to sleep well, she is probably going through something (growth spurt, teething, she might be in pain?). You'll want to look into that stuff before trying to teach her to sleep. If nothing is actually wrong, then you might want to consider helping her cultivate healthy sleep habits.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN