Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for moms who have potty trained boys.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 15 Replies

My son is potty training right now and has just started making great progress. We have him in underwear full time right now up until he goes to bed, then we ask him to go potty before we put a diaper on for the night. Here's my question. When you're out in public, how do you take them to the bathroom? I don't mean where do you take them, but how do you avoid them pee'ing across the stall when they go in a public restroom? My son's potty has a little cover on it so he can tuck himself in, but if he's not tucked in he can pee across the room. Lol sorry if this is a stupid question. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM

For awhile my son brought his potty seat in a backpack wtih us. Then we taught him to stand.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

MamaBear2cubs
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM

My son started peeing while sitting down on the toilet he didn't start standing until later.

sahmw2010
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM

my ds would go in with daddy, and now he stands up, so when its just us, he goes in the stall, lifts the seat, and goes. now im trying to teach him that wheen he poops, the seat is down, not up. lol

leanntx
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
My DS never used a potty chair, we had a seat that went onto the toilet, so he learned early on to tuck himself in so it didn't go everywhere.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM

My husband taught him to 'tuck' himself, or he stood and peed in public.

Larsbug
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Liam is 4 and still sits to pee, he's just more comfortable that way (plus our toilets are REALLY tall). While out, he sits to pee (on his own potty, they sell toilet covers for outtings at Babies R Us that fold up pretty small) and he will hold it down into the potty.

Sharell8710
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I have my son push his penis down now while he learns, because he is sitting. My other son is almost 5 and is standing now, but he pushed down while he learned sitting too.

larissalarie
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM
My boys learned to pee sitting down. We didn't buy any special things, so the had to learn to hold their penis down from the beginning, so peeing in public required the same skills as peeing at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

He learned sitting down and once he had that down, DH taught him how to stand

boppysmom2007
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
When my oldest was potty training we got one of these potty travel seats that could sit on the floor or on the toilet it had disposable bags for sitting on the floor but was high enough cup that his peepee stayed in now for my 2.5 yr old I give up Hes not ready at all yet I've got him to pee and poop one time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)