Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My little boy experienced his first heartbreak today! :(

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 15 Replies
He's 13 months and doesn't understand much yet, obviously. I took him outside, the weathers beautiful and he wanted to get out. We were standing in the front yard and a girl was walking past the house she looked at us for just a second then turned her head. He waved at her but she didn't wave back. He got this sad look on his face and stopped waving and looked at me like he was saying "why didn't she wave back mama?" I hugged him and told him that she just didn't see him and he turned back to look at her again! I swear i've never seen a sadder looking boy in my life! :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Aww : (

Zazayam
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Awww, lol that's adorable.

JulieBoyd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Yeah, it was soo sad! :( he's at that phase now where he loves to wave at everyone as long as you're at a distance and expects everyone to wave back automatically...he especially loves women!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

JulieBoyd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Lol thank you, he was soo upset! :(

Quoting Zazayam:

Awww, lol that's adorable.

xomrs.chase
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Aww :(
Its happened to ds
JulieBoyd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Aww poor thing...it's so sad when you look at their face. I gave him the biggest hug! :)

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Its happened to ds

xomrs.chase
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Its so hard! He's always been shy. We went to a children's museum and he kept going up to RANDOM kids and waving. He waved to a 12mo old and was devastated she didn't wave back :( (her mom said she just doesn't wave lol)

He stopped waving the rest of the day. Poor guy lol

Quoting JulieBoyd:

Aww poor thing...it's so sad when you look at their face. I gave him the biggest hug! :)

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Its happened to ds

JulieBoyd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Lol aww! Poor thing was devastated...how old is he?

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Its so hard! He's always been shy. We went to a children's museum and he kept going up to RANDOM kids and waving. He waved to a 12mo old and was devastated she didn't wave back :( (her mom said she just doesn't wave lol)

Quoting JulieBoyd:

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Its happened to ds

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Aww, my son loves to wave to people and always looks sad when someone doesn't wave back. He already likes girls.

Quoting JulieBoyd:

Yeah, it was soo sad! :( he's at that phase now where he loves to wave at everyone as long as you're at a distance and expects everyone to wave back automatically...he especially loves women!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

xomrs.chase
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM
15mo lol
I was so proud of him for opening up- especially in a new place! He's just starting to interact more with other kids (vs just observing) and he gets so sad when another child doesn't play. Lol its usually younger toddlers/ infants.

Quoting JulieBoyd:

Lol aww! Poor thing was devastated...how old is he?

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Quoting JulieBoyd:

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Its happened to ds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)