Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How do you make time for yourself?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 12 Replies

Babies require alot of mom's time - and we're happy to give it!  But sometimes we could use a little break. Help out another mom by answering this question:

How do you find some "me" time while caring for a baby?

To see some of the most helpful answers from CafeMom members, visit this Advice page: How do you make time for yourself when you have a baby?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Nap time!  Sometimes it's important to just ignore the to-do list and do something fun and relaxing while the baby sleeps.

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM

My me time comes either before the kids wake up or after they go to bed :)

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Nap time and bed time. I get all the chores done in the morning so when dd goes to sleep im free to do what I want.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soccer_mom1999
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I run. That's my time away from the world.

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Right now I am snuggling with my sleeping baby, on CM mobile, while my boys play dinosaur. It is the perfect way to get some 'me' time :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I let dad take over for a little while. Even if all I do is read a book or watch a show it does help.

Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM

"my" time is usually watching tv after the kids go to bed cuddled up with a blanket, pepsi, and Hershey kisses lol  (dh works nights)

storkradio193
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM

For me it's nap time and after they go to bed in the evening.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I have my 7 1/2 month old on a routine and started on this routine at 3 months. I manage to put him to bed at the same time as my older kids so i have about 2 hours of me and hubby time, or just me time of hubby is on cq/staff duty or just gone. i kick back with a snack and a drink,( normally some fruit and water, but on occasion popcorn and pop) and watch my shows. or i kick back and read a book. i have never been one to soak and read, i have tried but i got bored (yet i can sit on the couch and read) even if the baby isnt on a routine, anytime the baby naps, dont use that as "clean the house time" use if for you. take a nap also, read a good book, or catch up on your shows. but definatly utilize the baby sleeping

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:53 PM

yea i like to have him take over too, when he is available. lol

Quoting funhappymom:

I let dad take over for a little while. Even if all I do is read a book or watch a show it does help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)