Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How can I get my body back after baby?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

“My body is just not what it used to be. I went shopping today with my husband, and I began to cry because I still don't feel like myself.”

Can you relate?  How would you help this mom?

What are your best tips for getting back in shape after baby?

To see some of the most helpful answers from CafeMom members on this topic, visit this Advice page: How can I get my body back after baby?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

It's always about what you eat first, then about getting some exercise.

But if you get some exercise, it seems easier to eat better.  So it's a cycle!

Walking is always a great way to get exercise with a baby . . . if the weather cooperates.  If the weather's bad, you can always head to an indoor place like a mall.

Some moms do exercise DVDs during naptime (or while baby plays nearby).  I never could get into that.  Walks work best for me.

funhappymom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Go for walks with baby, exercise with baby. I have found that if I lay on the floor and life baby up it helps. I also sit her on my belly with her back against my legs/knees and do crunches towards her. She loves it.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Eat a healthy diet & exercise. There are no magic tricks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I was blessed with breastfeeding taking all of my weight away rapidly. I also went for daily walks and ate healthy.

carolina_gal
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Time, healthy eating and exercise is really the best solution.

lismore
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Quoting larissalarie:

Eat a healthy diet & exercise. There are no magic tricks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Well, it was always pretty easy to get my body back to be honest.

I'm just an active person and I eat pretty healthy.

I would just eat healthy and do work out DVD's during naptime or in the morning if I got up early enough

Whitney15
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM

With my first son, I literally did NOTHING to help it come off. It just did. This time around, I am still working on it a year later. It takes time. Our society has become one where we want instant gratification, and that's not going to happen with this. I started eating really healthy, which is a good thing to do whether you're trying to lose weight or not, and I'm exercising. Every day is a little bit more than the last. 

texasmommy125
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I wore a pregnancy type support girdle after my first child and it just squeezed all that loose skin back in.  After the c-section with my second I couldn't even imagine putting that thing around me again.  Way to painful.  Eat right, breast feed if you can, and excercise.

Good luck!

NieceS
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:49 AM

I play video games like Just Dance 4 and the Michael Jackson Experience.  I also eat healthy.  Make it fun,  Have the hubby join you or your girlfriends.  I was able to get back to my prebaby weight within 6 to 7 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN