Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she kicks slaps hits and spits at me

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

My almost 7 month old does this. At this age I know its common but do they stop? I dont want her getting into an unbreakable habit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Larsbug
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM

my son did that until about 15 months... when he started slapping I would hold his hands and look him in the eyes and tell him that's not nice. He soon started getting it and stopped. Good luck!

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this

It's not common to do it a lot. It's common for them to try, but you have to stop it right away or it'll get out of control. Teach your baby gentle. When she hits, take her hand and gently rub it on your cheek or wherever she hit you. Then do the same thing to her. Repeat "gentle...gentle, don't hurt mommy." Do it consistently every single time, looking her straight in the eye. I did this from the time DD was about 4 months old, so it was just ingrained in her mind. When she started to try to slap, I told her gentle. She only did it a few times in her life. She never tried kicking or spitting at me though.

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I would kiss their hands and say nice touch only.

JLCrunch
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM

This. DD also has a habit of grabbing and pulling on lips, nostrils, ears and glasses as well. I firmly grasp her hand, look into her eyes and say "no" and she immediatly stops. She's just shy of 9 months.

Quoting Larsbug:

my son did that until about 15 months... when he started slapping I would hold his hands and look him in the eyes and tell him that's not nice. He soon started getting it and stopped. Good luck!

veganistic
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
She looks vicious!

Lol! Not really, She's precious. Just make sure you gently correct the behavior every time, and don't make a fuss or big reaction, facial or otherwise about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kss12
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Eeeh is it normal? I've never really heard of that. My sons almost 14 months and haven't had any of that behavior yet.. Maybe he's waiting for terrible 2's! The only thing he used to do. Sis pull my hair.. I fake cried and it made him start crying then he never did it again!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)