Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Solids - help!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi everyone! My little one has had horrible issues with "intolerance" to milk protein. She has been on alimentum for a couple months now and it has worked wonders! I tried giving her green beans two nights ago and it did not go well! She got up 5 times that night with a horrible churning tummy. Has anyone else had experience with a baby who has a sensitive tummy?? She couldn't tolerate soy either so I'm concerned about trying peas. Help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I see on your profile that your babe is five months? Too young for solids. Stop, and wait until she lets you know she's ready. Many allergy prone babies will naturally avoid solids until their digestive system matures.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
This.
My kids started anywhere between 7-10 months.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

I see on your profile that your babe is five months? Too young for solids. Stop, and wait until she lets you know she's ready. Many allergy prone babies will naturally avoid solids until their digestive system matures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ptitchou
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Perhaps baby isn't ready yet?
Maddie2012
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Thanks ladies! Yea she'll be six months in less than a week. We tried it bc she's been eating oatmeal cereal the last couple weeks and loves it and keeps eyeing our forks like a hawk. I'll hold off for a while. How long does it take for their tummies to mature? She was 3 wks early, does that make a difference?
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Oatmeal won't be helping anything. She can't digest it, so it's just sitting in there making everything more difficult.

I'd stop the.cereal for at least a month.. And once she's able to pick up food herself, try something super low on the allergen risk list, like sweet potato. Freshly baked and diced, ideally.

Quoting Maddie2012:

Thanks ladies! Yea she'll be six months in less than a week. We tried it bc she's been eating oatmeal cereal the last couple weeks and loves it and keeps eyeing our forks like a hawk. I'll hold off for a while. How long does it take for their tummies to mature? She was 3 wks early, does that make a difference?
Salem2012
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

No idea sorry :/ bump!

fortressmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM

She had tummy problems because she's not ready for solids yet. Try again after she's 6 months old and skip purees. Go with avocado or raosted sweet potato spears. They are low allergen foods and have great nutrient content.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Quoting Randi02:

This.
My kids started anywhere between 7-10 months.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)