Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What do you do with your toddler during the day?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

Like activites, I know my 22 month old dd gets bored here all day, but I'm kinda at a loss on what activites to do with her. I mean I play, sing read books, but I want to actually DO something, ya know? 

So what do y'all do? 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss05
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Finger Paint or water colors,stamping,park,beach,Children's museum, and we have a great place called  "Let's Dress Up" that my DD just LOVES.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM

we finger paint with pudding, and we go to the park.

ajdahd13
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM

On what? The table? That'd be fun, and I know she would love it.

Quoting mommyhonu:

we finger paint with pudding, and we go to the park.

ajdahd13
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I would love to take my girls to the Children's Museum here, but the closest one is in Atlanta and that's like an all day trip. 

Quoting liss05:

Finger Paint or water colors,stamping,park,beach,Children's museum, and we have a great place called  "Let's Dress Up" that my DD just LOVES.

alandou
by April on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to the park, feed the ducks, blow bubbles, coloring, kicking a ball around, shopping/garage saleing, dress up, play grocery store, coloring, painting, dd helps me clean, helps me cook. there's all sorts of things. Try to find a way that you can involve her with anything you do. She'll love to help out and spend the time with you. For example: if I do laundry, I'll let my dd put the clothes in the washer (or you could have your dd hand you the clothes) & dryer. If I'm unloading groceries, I'll let dd put some cold things in the fridge. If I'm cleaning, I'll give dd a dry dust rag and she'll go around and wipe things off. If I'm cooking, I'll let her help with the dry ingredients. Simple things like that make my dd so happy :)

lauratupper
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM

we play outside a lot during the day.

angela.bouchard
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Coloring, legos, reading, puzzles, trains, cars, play outside, go to the zoo, children's museum, right now potty training. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM

We do crafts, story time, read and we do a lot of outside, park and day trips

DeeDee205
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I have a 3 yr old and a 16 mo old.  We recently started playing in the backyard more often since the weather has been getting nice.  They LOVE it.  We have one of those little plastic slides, they have a shovel and bucket, bubbles, sprinkler (for warmer days), a soccer ball.  But mostly digging in the dirt (yes, they are GIRLS and love the dirt) keeps them busy and happy.  They just go straight to the tub when we're done outside.

dgarcia7
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:16 AM
We do craft projects like using stickers, glue sticks, and glitter. We bake and do cut out cookies with sprinkles. We have carpet picnics when cold outside, and real picnics when warm. My dds favorite is the library and farmers markets. In the summer she also LOVES her water table.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN