Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat rule problems...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:03 AM
  • 1159 Replies
16 moms liked this

I don't care if I get slack for this, i'm not waiting until my baby is 2 to turn her around. 
There. Said it.
I hate the new law!!
My dd is 6 months and already in a new carseat because she's too big!! She's 28inches long, and 18.5lbs already!! She'll be squished if I wait that long to turn her around!!

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:08 AM
134 moms liked this
that makes sense. you should totally break the law. I mean, who cares about internal decapitation from under developed spines, you babies legs not being squished is way more important!!!
why are you even waiting to turn her? you aren't planning on following the law any way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briebaby123
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:15 AM
14 moms liked this

If people use the carseat right, and not drive like a maniac, there wouldn't be problems!! 
It's ridiculous that kids need to stay in a carseat/booster till they're 6-7 whatever!!
I never died, or had problems, and I was in a regular seatbelt by 3! 

Quoting pinkiebabii:

that makes sense. you should totally break the law. I mean, who cares about internal decapitation from under developed spines, you babies legs not being squished is way more important!!!
why are you even waiting to turn her? you aren't planning on following the law any way.

pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:24 AM
31 moms liked this
but don't you want better for your child?
in Arizona it's still 1 & 20 but I haven't turned DS yet (he turned one three days ago) because I want to keep him as safe as possible.
I also was in a regular belt at three and I was in the front seat but my son deserves better than what I had because I know better and is my responsibility to do the best for him.

Quoting briebaby123:

If people use the carseat right, and not drive like a maniac, there wouldn't be problems!! 
It's ridiculous that kids need to stay in a carseat/booster till they're 6-7 whatever!!

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:32 AM
22 moms liked this
You know, they used to just tell drinks to go home when caught, instead of sending then to jail. If or carseatless days worked so well for us, how about we revert back to days where we don't prosecute drunks.

First poster hit it head on. There is nothing you can, if you turn her ff, to prevent internal decapitation in a bad enough accident. Her head is the heaviest part of her body. So she weighs 18lbs? Her head is at least 6lbs of that. 30mph accident. Her head now weighs 180lbs. That is 180lbs being pulled at her body, and her spine. See? Do you really want to chance that end?

Quoting briebaby123:

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duckiesgurl
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:33 AM
25 moms liked this
I was in a very bad accident and the guy ran a red light and hit us right where my daughter woud have been sitting her carseat was destroyed!!!!

And not even 3 months ago 2 little girls lost there lives, 2 and 4 they were not in car seats and had they been when a drunk idiot side swiped them they would d be down but because they were thrown from the car they did not make it.

My point - you can drive as safe as YOU want/can and people are still going to hit you, you can't control others. I don't care that my daughters legs were bent she didn't turn till 2.

Quoting briebaby123:

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theosgirl45
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:48 AM
25 moms liked this

My DS is 29 inches and 20 pounds he is also 6 months.  We just got him a new carseat that will allow him to rearface up to 40 pounds.  He still has plenty of room in it.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

jeweldragons
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:54 AM
7 moms liked this

I think it's stupid to have a child in a booster until they are 8 years old.  But if you don't follow the law then you can risk going to jail. 

twogirl91
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:54 AM
6 moms liked this

My son is 28inches long and 25lbs, I got a new carseat and he fits fine rear facing, so I don't see why your child wouldn't.

Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:58 AM
36 moms liked this

There were no seatbelts in cars at one time.  And I am just fine. Oh wait, that is a stupid argument...know bettter do better.

Once upon a time there was no treatment for leukemia and some kids lived, so why treat leukemia?

See the idiocy of that argument?

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:44 AM
13 moms liked this
My son was 38 inches when I turned him around. He was not even close to be uncomfortable or squished. He outgrew his seat though so I flipped him. It really isn't as bad as you are making it out to be - children and very flexible and can RF comfortably for years :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)