Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Carseat rule problems...

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't care if I get slack for this, i'm not waiting until my baby is 2 to turn her around. 
There. Said it.
I hate the new law!!
My dd is 6 months and already in a new carseat because she's too big!! She's 28inches long, and 18.5lbs already!! She'll be squished if I wait that long to turn her around!!

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Replies (881-890):
Tracie82411
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this
I actually agree with turing them around before 1-2 because everyone of my nieces and nephews were turned around once they grew out of it. When my daughter grows out of hers I am turning her around. You do what you think is best for your children :) I don't like ever listen to the ladies on here because they are always bashing on other moms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM
It's so funny to watch people get worked up on the internet lol.

Quoting parentalrights1:

Why do you people not give a shit about your kids?

Quoting Devious333:

I will suit myself, thanks.

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Suit yourself. There's a girl in my son's school who missed a chunk of last year because she wasn't in a booster. Lacerations to her colon, intestines, liver, and spleen, fractured lumbar vertebra. Because she was too small and the belt was across her soft belly (and internal organs), and not her hips. Soooo worth not having to deal with a booster.

My son turns 8 in 2 months and is 4'9". And he's in a booster. It's not that hard.

Quoting Devious333:

Lol my kids are so not riding in booster seats until they are 8.

Quoting jeweldragons:

I think it's stupid to have a child in a booster until they are 8 years old.  But if you don't follow the law then you can risk going to jail. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkik526
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM

There has never been a case of broken legs while rear facing but it is the number one injury of forward facing NEXT is internal decapication.

neptunekitty
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This is my stepson, he will be 5 in less than two months. He is rear faced and he loves it. He would rather face backwards than forwards. He weighs 32 lbs and is 37 inches tall. He is not uncomfortable like this, he's so comfortable he sleeps. Kids don't like their legs dangling for a long time, he even puts his feet up on the toilet with him when he's going potty, so I know he's not uncomfortable in his car seat, and if he wanted to stretch his legs out he could stretch them out on the seat. His 9 yr. old brother sits in a booster seat because if he didn't, the seatbelt would go across his tummy and neck. His brother is 65 lbs and 52 inches tall.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dee1603
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree with you.
I do daycare and have children under a year rf, but once they are a year they are ff. bash all you want but their parents have them ff too so I don't see what the big deal is

Quoting Tracie82411:

I actually agree with turing them around before 1-2 because everyone of my nieces and nephews were turned around once they grew out of it. When my daughter grows out of hers I am turning her around. You do what you think is best for your children :) I don't like ever listen to the ladies on here because they are always bashing on other moms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM
4 moms liked this
I have never met a carseat nazi irl lol. My aunt was kind of like these ladies but she's a worry wort about everything (she won't let her kids, the youngest being like 10, shower because they could fall). If they are so concerned about this stuff they should go teach a class instead of trying to preach on a forum, then get worked up over people they'll never meet lol.

Quoting Tracie82411:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkik526
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM

IDC where you are THERE ARE NO CAR SEATS THAT HAVE A REAR FACING MAX OF 20 LBS! 35 LBS is the lowest max on car seats! You just dont want to do whats best for your child!

Quoting cupcake_mom:

not in the us sweet heart

Quoting nikkik526:

There is NO seat in the US that only rear faces till 20 lbs unless it is expired and in that case against the law and unsafe to use. IF you want to turn your child to early and treat them like a CRASH TEST DUMMY thats on you!

Quoting cupcake_mom:

thanks for the info but my kids will still be forward facing.

Quoting Randi02:

Ok, well - if you're in the US and were given a brand new seat - it likely rear faces until at least 35lbs. Those seats say they are forward facing from 20lbs - but that doesn't mean that's when you turn them forward, that just means they have to be at least 20lbs in order to use them forward facing.

From what I've seen on this site, those free seats are usually Cosco Sceneras. The newer ones even rear face to 40lbs.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

no i cant. its in the car and my df is out of town right now.

Quoting Randi02:

Can you take a photo of it?

Are you sure you're not reading the MINIMUM for forward facing? Some seats say they forward face from 20-?? pounds, so you may just be reading it a little differently.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

yes i do have a convertable. and if you would like to send me the money for a new car seat by all means please do ill give you my info! i got this one for free from the health department. and it only rear faces to 20lbs! i have no clue what the brand name is

cupcake_mom
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

yes you are all nowing arent you? i do what i feel is best for my child. but thanks. if you think you can do better you can come here and try

Quoting nikkik526:

IDC where you are THERE ARE NO CAR SEATS THAT HAVE A REAR FACING MAX OF 20 LBS! 35 LBS is the lowest max on car seats! You just dont want to do whats best for your child!

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting nikkik526:

There is NO seat in the US that only rear faces till 20 lbs unless it is expired and in that case against the law and unsafe to use. IF you want to turn your child to early and treat them like a CRASH TEST DUMMY thats on you!

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting Randi02:

Ok, well - if you're in the US and were given a brand new seat - it likely rear faces until at least 35lbs. Those seats say they are forward facing from 20lbs - but that doesn't mean that's when you turn them forward, that just means they have to be at least 20lbs in order to use them forward facing.

From what I've seen on this site, those free seats are usually Cosco Sceneras. The newer ones even rear face to 40lbs.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting Randi02:

Are you sure you're not reading the MINIMUM for forward facing? Some seats say they forward face from 20-?? pounds, so you may just be reading it a little differently.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

yes i do have a convertable. and if you would like to send me the money for a new car seat by all means please do ill give you my info! i got this one for free from the health department. and it only rear faces to 20lbs! i have no clue what the brand name is

nikkik526
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Laws of physics are the BIG problem, along wth internal decapication. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmnvTDgNZLc

Quoting dee1603:

I agree with you.
I do daycare and have children under a year rf, but once they are a year they are ff. bash all you want but their parents have them ff too so I don't see what the big deal is

Quoting Tracie82411:

Aamy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Gee here is a car seat that will rear face OVER 20 lbs. 

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/roundabout-55

Quoting nikkik526:

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting nikkik526:

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)