Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Carseat rule problems...

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't care if I get slack for this, i'm not waiting until my baby is 2 to turn her around. 
There. Said it.
I hate the new law!!
My dd is 6 months and already in a new carseat because she's too big!! She's 28inches long, and 18.5lbs already!! She'll be squished if I wait that long to turn her around!!

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Replies (1161-1167):
newmelly2009
by Member on Mar. 29, 2015 at 11:29 AM
Obviously she hasn't done her research to find out why they make this law, and it's not about the law it's about the safety of her child, I hate leaving my kid facing the seat but when I looked it up to see why people do it and how the spine isn't developed, I don't care. Even a slam on the brakes hard enough can pull their head enough forward enough breaking away from an underdeveloped spine. This post pisses me off what an immature negligent thing to do and say. Mom of the year

Quoting pinkiebabii: that makes sense. you should totally break the law. I mean, who cares about internal decapitation from under developed spines, you babies legs not being squished is way more important!!! why are you even waiting to turn her? you aren't planning on following the law any way.
newmelly2009
by Member on Mar. 29, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Your lucky, and you should play lottery with your kid too...and you already admitted that people drive like maniacs and still don't want to protect your child from them? Your assed backwards

Quoting briebaby123:

If people use the carseat right, and not drive like a maniac, there wouldn't be problems!! It's ridiculous that kids need to stay in a carseat/booster till they're 6-7 whatever!! I never died, or had problems, and I was in a regular seatbelt by 3! 

Quoting pinkiebabii:that makes sense. you should totally break the law. I mean, who cares about internal decapitation from under developed spines, you babies legs not being squished is way more important!!! why are you even waiting to turn her? you aren't planning on following the law any way.

camoalltheway
by on Apr. 16, 2015 at 11:40 PM

My DS is 18months and is 36 inches tall. Please tell me that I should still have him rear facing! LOL

I also talked to the pediatrician about it. He told me that it would be less safe for me to have him rear facing, because his knees were so close to his face that way that if there were an accident, he would injure himself with his knees. Alternatively, his car seat facing forward, but in it's most reclined position, is safest, because the reclined position dissipates the inertia of impact on the spine.

Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2015 at 9:50 AM
your pediatrician gave you terrible advice.

Quoting camoalltheway:

My DS is 18months and is 36 inches tall. Please tell me that I should still have him rear facing! LOLI also talked to the pediatrician about it. He told me that it would be less safe for me to have him rear facing, because his knees were so close to his face that way that if there were an accident, he would injure himself with his knees. Alternatively, his car seat facing forward, but in it's most reclined position, is safest, because the reclined position dissipates the inertia of impact on the spine.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Alrighty you can potentially risk your child's life, I don't care it's not my kid. I know that in the event of an accident my rearfacing child has a significantly higher chance of surviving then yours. It is your choice and it doesn't effect me in the slightest. I don't weep for stupid parents but the children that are lost due to their parents selfishness.

spooky415
by Member on Apr. 17, 2015 at 11:33 AM
That's actually what my son's practice says as well. And my best friends. My son is pretty small, so it didnt matter for us, but I ended up asking bc its such a hot topic.

The pediatrician basically said "physics over age."

And my best friend's pedi said that a car accident isn't going to know how old your kid is...their size and weight matter more in some cases.

Quoting Luke8212013: your pediatrician gave you terrible advice.

Quoting camoalltheway:

My DS is 18months and is 36 inches tall. Please tell me that I should still have him rear facing! LOLI also talked to the pediatrician about it. He told me that it would be less safe for me to have him rear facing, because his knees were so close to his face that way that if there were an accident, he would injure himself with his knees. Alternatively, his car seat facing forward, but in it's most reclined position, is safest, because the reclined position dissipates the inertia of impact on the spine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atxmom04
by Member on Apr. 23, 2015 at 9:42 PM

try to wait until 1 bc of the neck muscles. Its very dangerous. We turned our LO around after a year. One thing that helped a lot when she was in her infant seat and needed to sleep was putting her in her Zipadee-zip. It worked great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN