Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Doesn't want to nap!!! Aaaahhhh

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am having trouble getting my two month old to nap during the day or at least in the afternoon.  It makes evenings difficult.  Any ideas or suggestions??????

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Maybe try a swing, or a baby carrier?

Mama110981
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I actually would give my son a bath with the johnson and johnsons sleepy time and put him in the swing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Salem2012
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM

The swing or taking him for a walk in the stroller always knocked mine out lol!

Ashfirst1
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM

The swing doesn't work.  The sling dies work but once I take her out and put her down she is back awake. 

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Some babies need to be held for naps.
Ashfirst1
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Aaaahhhh.   Between that and breast feeding like I don't move all day.  I really wanna put her down to sleep.  Does she grow out of it?   

Zazayam
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Some outgrow it, some don't. Well I mean they all do eventually, but yeah may or may not happen any time soon..

I have a vibrating bouncer that worked pretty well for my little girl. Plus baths and the sleepy time lavender lotion. Good luck :)

LSol17
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM
I'm having the same problem with my three month old. She'll sleep in my arms but as soon as I lay her down she's awake and fussy. She sleeps well at night; I can't figure it out. I'm hoping its just a phase and gets better. It's hard to get anything done. Good luck!
ladodger
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My BG was like that. Started out that she had to he held to sleep. We slept in the recliner for 2-3 months. Then she wouldn't nap in bed, only on mama or daddy. That lasted for quite a long time. Now she'll do both in her bed at almost 13 months & I miss snuggling her when she sleeps. She did outgrow it. And breast feeds get less frequent also! Hang in there, it will get better!!
erikays
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Does she like to be rocked? (Rocking chair) or even bounce at the edge of your bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN