Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When will my little friend come?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 26 Replies

I am on the mini pill due to breast feeding.  I am wondering when I will get my peroid back?  My baby was born mid February.  Also, when is it safe to start having sex again?  I have been on the pill for almost four weeks now.  The hubby is getting eager, but I don't want to end up preggers again!  Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks ladies you are the best!!!!

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:08 AM
It can come back soon or it may stay away until you wean. Just depends on your body.

They say to wait 6 weeks. We usually waited until the bleeding stopped, which was always before the 6 week point.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM
If you're breastfeeding it may not come back for a while. My first period was right before she turned one.

The safety zone to have sex after a baby is after your 6 week check up and they clear you. Whether you want to wait that long is up to you, if you stopped bleeding you're probably ok to do it.
kayleyrae90
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM
My daughter is 7 months, I am also on the mini pill and I have not gotten mine back yet.
kss12
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM
My son was born in February of 2012 and I got my first period in October/November then it stayed away until this March and I got it again the other day (he has slowed down on breastfeeding but hasn't stopped). Some don't get theirs until they stop breastfeeding. I noticed I got my period each time my son slowed down on breastfeeding.
We had sex 5 weeks after birth. If you haven't had your period yet then you're not ovulating which makes it almost impossible to get pregnant. My ob said nursing is the best birth control
alexislovesjr
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM

BUMP

birdiemom
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

My son was born Feb 2012 and I still haven't gotten mine back :-) I am still breastfeeding.

mysticfaery25
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:40 PM
My son was born nov 2011 and I am weaning him. AF showed up for the first time last week.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM
It just depends on your body. Breastfeeding has kept my period away for 15-16 months all 3 times. The mini pill could interfere with nature and make things even more wonky than just bf! Only time will tell :)
After 4 weeks on it, you should be fine to have sex, although that's really something you should discuss with whoever prescribed the pills for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyShanna2011
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:15 PM

My son was born Dec 2011 and I didn't see AF until Oct 2012 when he started to greatly reduce how much he wanted to BF.
I have a cousin who didn't have a period at all by the time she got pregnant with her second (a year and a half later) because she was BF.
I have a friend who got her first visit around 4mo (when she started introducing baby food) but they were very irregular because she BF.

If you're afraid, I'd go ahead and use condoms for a little bit until you've gotten used to the way your body is going to operate (and since you're on the mini pill, you should be okay after a month or two... usually.)

GL. I made my DH wait 2 months after our son was born and he was about ready to die from asking "WHENNNNN!?????" lol

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I never get a period while breastfeeding.

My youngest was born in January, and nothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)