Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms of boys?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 27 Replies
DS had a small white bump on his penis near the head and I mentioned this at a 3 month and again at his 6m doc visit which was two weeks ago. The pedi said it could be a whitehead or where the circumcision healed.
Today I was wiping up during a diaper change and it popped through his skin. It was small, white, and hard. About the size of a sesame seed.

Any ideas what it was?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Maybe an irritation from constantly rubbing against the diaper? I don't know, bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Sounds like a cyst, but I have no clue.....I'm so sorry.  Make sure you keep vaseline on it so it doesn't get infected since it has 'popped' now.

Salem2012
by Anais on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:59 PM

No idea...mine is not circumsized but bump!

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM
It was probably just acne. My son gets bombs like that on his face and sometimes his legs or arms. They are very annoying to me on his face... And they don't go away completely. Like they will heal, then come back a couple months later. Hopefully it stays gone for your son, and definitely be careful to keep him clean and protected while it heals so it doesn't get infected.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Id suggest sew a dif doc
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM
It sounds like smegma buildup. It's normal and won't hurt him.
Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM
It could be the start of a penile adhesion. Loosen the skin around the head (glans) very carefully. I do it with coconut oil so it's more gentle. For circumsized boys, you have to loosen the remaining foreskin so it doesn't adhere to the head. That can be dangerous.

(I know... don't mess with uncircumsized boys' foreskins. Don't jump down my throat, intact mamas!) :)
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM

sorry don't have a clue what it could be.

Kimbyann
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM
But it was solid

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

It was probably just acne. My son gets bombs like that on his face and sometimes his legs or arms. They are very annoying to me on his face... And they don't go away completely. Like they will heal, then come back a couple months later. Hopefully it stays gone for your son, and definitely be careful to keep him clean and protected while it heals so it doesn't get infected.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)