Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

little bit of blood in nose

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

My daughter is 5 months old and this morning she woke up and had a stuffy nose. She has had it for almost a week now. I use a spray, and then suck her nose out. Well this morning I noticed a bit of blood. Could it be from me sucking her nose out, or dryness or both? I have a vaporizer running with vicks in it to try to clear her out but i saw the blood and was worried :(

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youngmom16
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Probably dryness. My kids get bloody noses when the air is dry. My poor daughter will wake up with her pillow covered in blood :(
JLCrunch
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I agree, it could just be dryness and irritation. I was concerned too when I noticed a little blood. Just keep an eye on it and be sure to mention it to your pedi at your next visit.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM
It's probably just dryness I get it too when the heat is on a lot. My husband had freaked out a bit too the first time ds had a bloody nose. It was a speck and he got all scared thinking the baby had fallen on his face or something. The vaporizer should help. Also, if you have radiators, they have these trays you fill with water so the heat puts the water in the air to keep it moist. Idk what they're called. It also helps if you wet the tip of the bulb before you use it. Makes it slide a bit easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Probably just the dryness.

abra
by Abra on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM

sounds like dryness,

RedheadMama18
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I think it is from dryness. Both of mine have had them too.

dflowers
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM
When you suck out her nose you could have hit a blood vessel. My son went through the same thing and the doc told me to be real easy there are tiny blood vessels in there nose easy to hit one
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

It sounds like dryness

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM

It definitely could be irritation from the sucking. Their nose veins are very sensitive. Or it could be dryness. It's probably nothing more than those though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)