Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This diaper's gonna blow!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

I wish YDD had chosen to grow out of size 3 diapers before I bought a whole box of them, then opened that box.  I also regret deciding to cosleep.  She had a fresh diaper just 4 hours ago (right before bed), and right now it looks like it's standing in for the Hoover Dam, holding back a whole river of pee.  Part of me (especailly the side her back is pressed against) wants to change her, but I also don't want to wake her up.

So, if I survive the ensuing flood, I'm going to the store tomorrow.

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Yikes! I still have to change my 2.5 yr old at least once in the middle of the night or she will pee out. I think she holds it all in for bedtime.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter did this all the time (growing out of diapers after I buy a new, large box and open it). I always just put the rest in totes and save them for future babies. 

We cosleep, and in the beginning when she had some blow outs, I had her sleep with a mattress cover under the sheets so it wouldn't reach the mattress. 

Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Oh that sucks.

sadiebug1228
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:58 PM
They make "night time" diapers that hold a whole lot more lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Well...if you have an entire box of size 3 diapers, I have a little boy that will gladly take them off of your hands.

In other news, my son always explodes through his diapers. It is awful. I hate changing a very very wet little boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Sorry for the awkward question but my son is 2.5 and potty training. Does she hold it during the day time for long periods too? Mine always does this even before he got good about going on the potty and I wasn't sure if it's normal for them to hold it 2-3 hours at a time.

Quoting jridgill:

Yikes! I still have to change my 2.5 yr old at least once in the middle of the night or she will pee out. I think she holds it all in for bedtime.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

Rhodin
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM

It's not a whole box anymore.  I've changed her like 8 times today due to her diapers swelling up like a balloon every time her kidneys twitched.

Also, I managed to change her in her sleep!  Mother of the year, etc.

Quoting rwebb11:

Well...if you have an entire box of size 3 diapers, I have a little boy that will gladly take them off of your hands.

In other news, my son always explodes through his diapers. It is awful. I hate changing a very very wet little boy.

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:54 AM
That is super impressive. My little man would never allow me to chnge him in his sleep.

Quoting Rhodin:

It's not a whole box anymore.  I've changed her like 8 times today due to her diapers swelling up like a balloon every time her kidneys twitched.

Also, I managed to change her in her sleep!  Mother of the year, etc.

Quoting rwebb11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:28 AM
What kind of diapers? Ive been using luvs on ds,im cheap, but even if he has a very rare night of heavy wetting, it never leaks. Hes between sizes right now ( in a 4 but probably a 5 would be too big issue ) and never a leak.
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Yes she does. She goes to church day school from 9-12 and she usually doesn't go at all. Every now and then she will but yeah...

She is potty training herself. I am helping but she first went over a year ago herself so I tried really hard to go ahead and make it happen. Big mistake because she begin growing fits and all out crying I I tried to make her go. I decided to let her do her own thing and she is going really well. I will ask her before bed if she needs to go. Sometimes she will and if she does she doesn't wet a whole lot but if she doesn't.... Oh my!!

Quoting angela.bouchard:

Sorry for the awkward question but my son is 2.5 and potty training. Does she hold it during the day time for long periods too? Mine always does this even before he got good about going on the potty and I wasn't sure if it's normal for them to hold it 2-3 hours at a time.

Quoting jridgill:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)