Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nap time

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 21 Replies

I've been sleep training my son since he turned 1 and it's going fairly well, but he still won't take a nap during the day unless someone rocks him to sleep or is holding him unless we're in the car. Any suggestions?

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I have been having issues with my 18 month old with naps as well. I have been sitting next to her bed (toddler bed) and putting her back in as many times as I need to. I dont look at her, I dont talk to her I just sit there as still as I can. Sometimes I sware i half to put her back like 50 times lol but its slowly working 

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM

That's what I had to do to get him to sleep at night, keep laying him back down in his crib, I'm not looking forward to when he can get out of his bed himself. Hopefully by starting a good bed time routine now he won't give me too much trouble.

Quoting Mel0dy:

I have been having issues with my 18 month old with naps as well. I have been sitting next to her bed (toddler bed) and putting her back in as many times as I need to. I dont look at her, I dont talk to her I just sit there as still as I can. Sometimes I sware i half to put her back like 50 times lol but its slowly working 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Bump!

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM

My daughter went through that when she was growing through a huge growth spurt but then it passed. Maybe try whatever you are doing at night for nap time.

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I don't think it would work at naptime because I can't get the room dark enough.

Quoting LuLuRex:

My daughter went through that when she was growing through a huge growth spurt but then it passed. Maybe try whatever you are doing at night for nap time.

mom2many747
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM

My son is 10 months old. He was fine with naps until around 8 months then he wouldn't sleep unless I rocked him. I trained him the "old school" way. I put him in his crib, tell him I love him, then walk away. He fought it at first but now, just two months later, I put him down for his nap and he goes right to sleep.

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:26 AM

CIO never worked for us, at least not consistantly. Some nights he would only cry for a little while and other nights he would cry for 2 hours and STILL not go to sleep.

Quoting mom2many747:

My son is 10 months old. He was fine with naps until around 8 months then he wouldn't sleep unless I rocked him. I trained him the "old school" way. I put him in his crib, tell him I love him, then walk away. He fought it at first but now, just two months later, I put him down for his nap and he goes right to sleep.

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I don't recall having trouble getting my daughter to sleep even for naps.  I always wanted to nap for the most part when I was little so maybe she got the extra sleep gene from me!  It has to be trying though.  Make sure he doesn't have a cold or anything that would bother him and keep him awake.  Good luck!

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

He just came down with a cold last night, but this is an ongoing problem at naptime even when he's not sick. He slept for 2 hours yesterday, but only took 1 nap, which I'm fine with as long as he's getting the rest he needs. I just worry about when he's switched to a toddler bed and still needs a nap that he won't stay in bed.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

I don't recall having trouble getting my daughter to sleep even for naps.  I always wanted to nap for the most part when I was little so maybe she got the extra sleep gene from me!  It has to be trying though.  Make sure he doesn't have a cold or anything that would bother him and keep him awake.  Good luck!

Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Just keep sticking to your routine and try your best to do what you do at nighttime and use it with naps. Thats what I did with my dd and finally got it to work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)