Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Difficult baby.... STILL!!! Help!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this
Delia is 7 1/2 mos. and since day 1 she's been difficult. But I thought it would go away by now!! Especially right now I cannot even put her down. I guess she's teething but it's seriously 90% of the day is crying.. I don't know what to do. How is she gonna learn anything if she's always in my arms? Is it a phase? And she won't even let anyone else hold her not even daddy most times. It's bad... She wakes like 2 or 3 times for a bottle and goes back to sleep, but she is just not happy. There's no physical problems going on either that I know of... Got her ears checked/ fine... She's a bit runny from teething that's it. Could it be possible that I just have a high maintenance baby?? Does it mean she will always be this way??? Help???!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Some babies just have higher needs then others, maybe invest in a carrier of some sort so you can at least get other stuff done at the same time.

http://www.amberteethingnecklace.org/ If she's teething, these are amazing.

Good luck!

mandapanda82
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I have one// thanks though! :)

Quoting Zazayam:

Some babies just have higher needs then others, maybe invest in a carrier of some sort so you can at least get other stuff done at the same time.

Good luck!

iansmommy9
by Natasha on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Call your pedi and see if it's OK to give her either something like orajel or maybe even some tylenol to ease some of the pain. When DS was that young, I would freeze the 4 corners of a washcloth and let him chew on it to help soothe his gums.

mandapanda82
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM
And she doesn't like being confined on my ergo:(

Quoting Zazayam:

Good luck!

Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Oh, that sucks. Well, keep your head up! Some are just really clingy, she'll grow out of it sooner or later :)

Quoting mandapanda82:

And she doesn't like being confined on my ergo:(

Quoting Zazayam:

Good luck!

Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a high needs 18mo. I just tell myself "he's only little for a few years, and soon he'll be ignoring me at the mall..."

It sucks in this moment sometimes, but they are only little for such a short time...
mandapanda82
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Ya I get that-- but she just seems so miserable all the time... I just want her to be happy..:(

Quoting Amberleigh81:

I have a high needs 18mo. I just tell myself "he's only little for a few years, and soon he'll be ignoring me at the mall..."

It sucks in this moment sometimes, but they are only little for such a short time...
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM
She's just high needs:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fortressmom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM

My 2nd DD was just like yours until about 18 months of age. That is probably why there is a 5 year gap between her and our older DS:)  It will pass, just try and appreciate the snuggles now. You'll miss them when she's 10 years old like mine is now.

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:18 PM
It could very well be she is just high maintenance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)