Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what age did you switch?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 138 Replies
what age did you switch your baby from rear facing car seat to a front facing one?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
13 months with my oldest...10.5 years ago when I was young, didnt know better and there wasnt as much info on extended rear facing available. My middle was 2 years 9 months because of sensory and motion sickness issues along with surgery for me...my yongest is 25 months and will be rear facing a while longer.

Its much safer for everyone, but especially children under 4 to rear face.
dflowers
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM
All 3 kids switched at 1but they met the weight and height part to. If your kids feet reach the back seat when rear facing its time to turn
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

First child was little over a year. We didn't know any better 7 years ago and RF was not well known.  THe baby will be RF until least 2 years.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM
6 moms liked this
That is absolutely untrue

Quoting dflowers:

All 3 kids switched at 1but they met the weight and height part to. If your kids feet reach the back seat when rear facing its time to turn
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Um 100% FALSE.

Quoting dflowers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My 2 year old is still rearfacing and will continue until she hits the max requirement in her seat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

My eldest was 4 years 1 month when he outgrew his seat RF and my youngest is 4 years 4 months and still RF comfortably.

4 years is my goal with each child.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM
3 moms liked this

Meeting the legal weight and height has proven to be really quite dangerous. All the studies show that it's much safer to RF as long as possible with a minimum of 2 years and 30 lbs. Feet touching the seat is no big deal. Kids like bending their legs. People think that it would break their legs if they were RF but it's actually quite the opposite because in an accident a FF child is much more likely to have broken legs.

Quoting dflowers:

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll let you know when it happens. My oldest is 3 and still rearfacing comfortably, and will probably fit that way until close to 5.
secondboy2012
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Still rearfacing my 13 month old with no plans to change any time soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)