Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

5 shots at 8 weeks old?? Update with another question

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 73 Replies
We went for our son's 2 week check up and they made an appointment for his next check up which they informed us he would be getting 5 shots in his legs!:( We have 2 older son's (7 & 4) and they never had to get 5 shots- the most they got at one time is 3 shots (until they turned 4 years old and then it was 4 shots). Apparently the 3 in 1 shot vaccine has had a shortage for over 10 months so now they have to give all 3 seperate. Has anyone else's baby had to get 5 shots at one time- @ 8 weeks old??

*is there a website or something with a schedule for shots- so we can decide which ones and when to delay them? We just want to make the best decision for our little guy- 5 shots is just too much at one time:(
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
YOU have complete control over what shots your child gets, when they get them, and how many at a time.

We do not vaccinate at all, but don't do something you are not comfortable with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM

We don't vaccinate, but 5 does sound really awful.

Would you ask about having them split up so it's not so hard on your baby's body?

seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM
When my son was I think about 6months they said he was behind on shots so he would need 6 that day. I asked the lady how would we know which one gave hima a bad reaction if he had one. She could not give me an answer that made me feel comfortable so I passed on the shots. With more digging and looking into what actualy was in the shot I was mortified so we stopped shots all together. You can tell them you want the shots spaced out. Not all at once. Ask other moms who give there kids shots a little at a time they can help better. They have learned when the body can handle what shot.
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM

WOW!!  Umm...  IDK about that.  My kids only receive a very select few vaccinations and never at that young of an age.  I don't even start giving them vaccines until about 6 months.  My second DS didn't start until 9 months.  You do NOT have to allow them to do that.  That is way way too many at one time IMO.  I would actually flat out refuse to allow them to do that.  

tuckermum
by Crysta on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM
We delay vaccines we may completely not vax but not sure yet
You can tell them you want to do one at a time.
TDausman
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I refuse to allow them to do more than one vaccine at a time on my kids. I believe it is too traumatic to do that many at once.
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

they got all 5, they are just in combinations, he'll only have 3 needles

ours were "separate" but all drawn into the same syringe

Katt709
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Don't allow it. I only allow 1 shot at a time. It's a pain to fight the doc over but worth it. Just tell them no.
newmom121812
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM
yup and he just had his four month check up and he got another 4. the doctor said at 6 months is his next big round then its 1-2 from there on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I would broke it up into 2 visits and not back to back weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN