Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What are your favorite time saving bottle feeding tips?

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM
  • 55 Replies

CafeMom gave moms the opportunity to try Born Free baby bottles. Read what our moms are saying about the experience and then share some of your favorite time saving bottle feeding tips. 

by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenniferlee_12
1 mom liked this
I have heard of the Born Free brand before, but never tried the bottles. When I got them I first thought that the plastic one was an ugly brownish color and when my mom saw it she asked me why it looked that color too. I had to look at the instructions to figure out all the pieces to the bottles after I boiled them before using them the first time. My daughter is breastfed most of the time, but does occasionally have to take a bottle from my mom when I have to leave work. My mom tried them with her and said that she did drink a little milk. Most of the time she screams and will only take a gulp or two from the bottle. I personally like the glass bottle better because I like glass. I really like how they have easy to read lines so you can see how much milk you have in them and how much baby drinks. I also like that they are not tall and narrow and hold a lot because of the wider size.

slittlefield920

When I first received the bottles, I was surprised to see a glass bottle. I don't use glass bottles because they are more heavy and the chance of dropping it is always a possibility. I prefer plastic, if and when I use bottles. I breastfeed, but during the day when my LO is in the nursery, he definitely drinks from a bottle.

When I first offered it, he took to it immediately. He drank his milk just fine and I really liked the plastic bottle much better. 

I was surprised that he took to a different bottle so quickly, we usually use AVENT but this was a nice switch. It was easy to use and easy to clean. 

CafeMom Tickers
janessa27
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I was very excited to receive the Born Free bottles. I had never seen or heard of them before. I was very surprised to find a glass bottle included, Once I disinfected the bottles before the first use- I was confused at first as to how the bottles went back together. This is my 3rd baby that we have used the Playtex VentAire bottles - so I was used to having a few extra parts to a bottle.

Josiah (who is a month old today) adjusted very quickly and easily to the Born Free bottles. He is only bottlefed and I think he really liked controlling the flow as he drank from these bottles. He definitely finished a 4 oz bottle much faster with these than he would with his regular bottles. I did not care much for the glass bottle- just because it is heavier and his little hands (that are constantly moving or grasping) have knocked bottles out of my hand when I am feeding him a few times. I would hate to have the glass bottle fall and break or fall on him- if this was to happen.

Overall I would recommend the plastic Born Free bottles to my friends and any mom. My baby is the biggest judge and deciding factor......and he seemed to enjoy having control of the flow:)

Kreeman
1 mom liked this

I had heard of Born Free bottles before this survey but I had never tried them before or known anyone personally who had. I am more of a mainstream type parent, so my first impression of the bottles were that they seemed kind of "crunchy" and green which is something I would not personally go out of my way to look for. Nevertheless, it can't hurt, and the bottles were aesthetically pleasing, especially the glass one. I also liked that the nipple and system are meant to mimic breastfeeding.

I liked the glass bottle better than the plastic one, and I think baby did, too. The weight of it felt nice in my hand but I did worry that if it were to slip it could injure the baby. The glass just felt unique and old school to me and I enjoyed that about it. 

My baby is not very picky at all. He will usually accept any paci, formula, or bottle I offer to him and never has issues switching back and forth between these things or from the breast to bottle. Likewise, he accepted the new bottle immediately without any transition period. I did notice a slight reduction in his fussiness through the day, however I am not ready to believe it was solely due to using Born Free bottles. My child simply goes through phases a lot. 

I mostly breastfeed, but baby typically gets 4-5 ounces of formula a day. Sometimes but not often, he'll stay with his nana and have a lot more formula then. I think that this bottle's flow was more similar to my breast than to any other bottle we have tried. However, my flow is very fast and so this bottle is faster than others I've tried. 

I would recommend these bottles to other moms if they are not super concerned about slow-flow and want a cleaner way to feed their baby.

Ethansmommy0213
I had never heard of born free bottles before this. When I received the bottles I was surprised to see a glass bottle. Before this I had never used any glass bottles but I really like this one. Ethan took to them really quickly. He is usually breast feed but does occasionally get a bottle, normally Ethan doesn't like bottles and it takes him a minute to accept them. He took to the born free bottle right away! He seemed to like both the plastic and glass bottles a lot. He is also less gassy when he uses these bottles. I would recommend these bottles to other moms
_coldcoffee_

i had heard of born free bottles, but had never tried them. i knew from advertisment that they claimed to have a flow 'like breast', which i can agree with. shes been havin an issue with bottles since she started them when i went back to work, but with these she wasnt havin any difficulty at all. with these bottles, especially the glass one, she hasnt been gassy or fussy and she doesnt slobber from tryin to keep ahold of it. it was so nice to see her content since startin a bottle :) i would definatly recommand these!!

Blue-PinkDream

i was very excited when i received the born free bottles. my lis bottle fed and he had no problem adjusting to them.i loved the glass bottle .it is cuter than the plastic one and it is also easier to read than the other one. i also loved this bottles because Alexander could control the flow better ,he finished his bottle faster than with the ones we normally used,without choking on them iwould definitely recommend BORN FREE BOTTLES to other moms.

LadyGoza
I had never heard of Born Free bottles. I am very particular about bottles because my LO has gas problems. I was very surprised about the glass bottle. At first I thought I wasn't going to like it, but then I like the glass bottle much better than the plastic. Although I'm not sure how I will like it once she starts wanted to hold the bottle herself. My baby took to the bottle right away with no transition issues, as she has been primarily bottle fed. LO have not had any major gastronomic problems with this bottle. I'm not sure if I would recommend this bottle to other moms but I certainly would not discourage it. I need to use them longer before I recommend then to others. Overall I have to say that I like the bottles.
whitneymf

the only bottles i own are born free bottles. the lion king ones. i loved the glass ones but the baby didnt really care what one i fed him with. we have only ever uses a bottle a handfull of times and he took to the bottles right away. born free is my favorite. the flow of the born free bottles was a good steady flow, although it was a little fast it wasnt to fast for him to handle. he is use to breastfeeding, but had no problem with the bottle. i have recommended the bottles to my close friend and i actually already fed her baby with the glas one and he liked it. he took to it right away and he is use to using dr. brown bottles. i think he may have actually likes the born free better. if i ever need any more bottles i will get the born free glass bottles.

shastadaisy87
I have heard of Born Free before but have never tried their bottles. My 2 month old DD took to both the glass and plastic right away without any fuss. She did not seem to have a preference, however I have always preferred glass over plastic. I think glass is just over-all more sanitary and durable. Plus I kind of like the old fashioned style of glass. My first impression of the bottles was good, which only improved after we tried them out. I liked the look and feel of them both and found them to be comfortable to hold. I liked the design of the nipple and it's resemblace to the breast and they they were clear. Previously we had still been using the nipples that came home with Riley from the NICU because the flow was too fast in the bottles I bought. So I was a little worried that the flow of the Born Free bottles would also be too fast, but Riley seemed to have complete control over the flow with no problems at all. She also got a much better latch on these nipples than with the ones she was used to. There is a couple extra pieces to this bottle compared to the standard but I thought it was very easy to put together and liked the extra attention to detail. I also found all the parts on this bottle to be very easy to clean. I would definitely reccomend Born Free to other parents and I will be purchasing their bottles in the future.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)