Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What are your favorite time saving bottle feeding tips?

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom gave moms the opportunity to try Born Free baby bottles. Read what our moms are saying about the experience and then share some of your favorite time saving bottle feeding tips. 

by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
candycrush
by on May. 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my goodness.  How sweet.  My sister uses the Born Free bottles and absolutely loves them.

Quoting Kreeman:

I had heard of Born Free bottles before this survey but I had never tried them before or known anyone personally who had. I am more of a mainstream type parent, so my first impression of the bottles were that they seemed kind of "crunchy" and green which is something I would not personally go out of my way to look for. Nevertheless, it can't hurt, and the bottles were aesthetically pleasing, especially the glass one. I also liked that the nipple and system are meant to mimic breastfeeding.

I liked the glass bottle better than the plastic one, and I think baby did, too. The weight of it felt nice in my hand but I did worry that if it were to slip it could injure the baby. The glass just felt unique and old school to me and I enjoyed that about it. 

My baby is not very picky at all. He will usually accept any paci, formula, or bottle I offer to him and never has issues switching back and forth between these things or from the breast to bottle. Likewise, he accepted the new bottle immediately without any transition period. I did notice a slight reduction in his fussiness through the day, however I am not ready to believe it was solely due to using Born Free bottles. My child simply goes through phases a lot. 

I mostly breastfeed, but baby typically gets 4-5 ounces of formula a day. Sometimes but not often, he'll stay with his nana and have a lot more formula then. I think that this bottle's flow was more similar to my breast than to any other bottle we have tried. However, my flow is very fast and so this bottle is faster than others I've tried. 

I would recommend these bottles to other moms if they are not super concerned about slow-flow and want a cleaner way to feed their baby.

Madelaine
by on May. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I breastfed so no ideas here.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 15, 2013 at 7:26 PM

No, I have never heard of them

Rushn311
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I haven't heard of this brand, but I wouldn't mind trying it when I have my baby in the fall.

jessicasmom1
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:07 AM

nice influencer ... these were not around when I had my baby ...

sukainah
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I breastfed my kids but pumped every now and then.  Can't wait to read some of these

kellynh
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Thanks for sharing what you learned ladies. My son will be here in 5 wks. :)

.Angelica.
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM

i have only used bottles like 20 times.

twogirl91
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:30 PM

My son is breastfed but would take a bottle with the babysitter once a week so my husband and I could go on a date, wish I had heard about these. Look's like something my son would have liked. He's using a sippy cup now though. 

Kmakksmom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Those sound awesome!  It's been a long time since we've needed bottles, but those sound like ones I'd have loved to have 4+ years ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)