Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a place where you regularly feed your baby?

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 61 Replies

Some moms tend to feed their babies in the same chair, in that special room over the first few months.

Do you have a favorite place to feed your baby? If so, describe the room and environment to us.

by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenniferlee_12
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I feed my 3 month old little girl wherever she needs to be fed. She comes to work with me so she is used to eating anywhere. She is a little chatter box and very happy most of the time. We are trying to find a bottle that she will let grandma feed her from. We have tried all different types and she just fights her so much.

slittlefield920

Gavin will be 3 months on May 8th and is growing so fast! We are breastfeeding and I pump because I am a 4th grade teacher. Gavin stays at the nursery of our church during the day, and although it is hard, I am completely comfortable with him being there and know he is in great hands! 

Gavin nurses every 2 hours now, and when bottle feeding eats 3 oz. of breastmilk every 3 hours. We are about to up it to 4 oz bottles though because he isn't staying satisfied as long anymore. He weighs about 12 lbs now I am sure and is 24 inches long. 

I absolutely love to feed my baby in our bedroom. It's quiet, peaceful, and comfortable for both him and I. Another common place I feed Gavin in is our living room where we watch evening television or have family time. I have a comfy chair with an ottoman. 

CafeMom Tickers
janessa27
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM
One of my favorite places to feed my (will be tomorrow) 4 week old Josiah, is in our recliner- in the living room. This is nice because it is where all our family (DH, our 2 post son's ages 7&4, and myself) spend most of our time together. The older boys love to sit on each side and take turns holding the bottle and talking to Josiah, our 7 year old will read to us, 4 year old will dance and sing, DH might be feeding him on the couch or sitting by me talking to him, etc.
kapzilla

My daughter is still pretty much brand new, at just overa month old.  My favorite place to feed her is at my rocking recliner in the living room.  A good snuggle while rocking is the way to go.

Kreeman

Zachary Jr. will be two months old on the 2nd of May. He is a very talkative baby, who is always giving me lots of Ooohs and Aaahs to try and communicate. He is very alert for his age, even to a fault -- he doesn't like to sleep! Luckily for my sanity, this problem is usually a daytime issue. Zach has been smiling for several weeks now, laughing, and kicking up a storm. His latest trick has been beginning to bat at or 'play' with toys that are held in front of him. Most of all, his favorite thing to do is EAT. 

Zachary eats 8-9 times a day, but likes to have frequent "snacks" at the breast as well. I almost always feed him in my bed, using pillows and a Boppy. However, daddy likes to feed him sitting on the floor (not sure why) haha. While he's eating, I like to imitate his coos and ask his about how he likes his meal. I tell him he is mommy's buddy and that he is going to grow up to be so big. Other times, I sing to him, but my voice is nothing to write home about! LOL. He doesn't tell :)

Ethansmommy0213
My little 10 week old baby boy Ethan Is a very active baby! He makes all kinds of coos and loves 'talking' with me and his daddy. He smilies all the time and kicks like crazy! He eats about every 2 to 3 hours during the day and about every four hours at night. He eats most often on the couch but my favorite place to feed him in on my bed right before he goes to sleep for the night. We love snuggling up on the bed in the cool dark room and drifting off to dreamland :)
_coldcoffee_
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

my daughter's name is avalon shay. she is a happy, spunky little 5 wk old who loves to pig out, smile and gab at everyone she meets, and take long naps with her mama. she likes to listen to music with me and watch tv, but really likes to be carried everywhere. even though shes so young, shes almost got the hang of rollin over, just needs to get those legs to cooperate lol. she also sleeps through the night, which has been so awesome for my family (my mom works early, kids go to school, i work, etc). avalon likes to eat almost every 2 hrs like clockwork unless shes sleepin all night. shes been goin through a growth spurt so shel eat 3-5 oz, dependin on how much she wants. we dont have a specific place to feed, but she likes to be cuddled while she eats. sometimes shel even lay in my lap and watch whatevers goin on in our house. me and baby talk about all kinds of things- what shes lookin at, how work was, what she wants to wear for the day. she likes to hold my finger and looks at me for most of the time, especially when its just me and her. shes just the world to me :)

Blue-PinkDream
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

definitely .my baby boy is 3 months and still feeding every two hours .since we spend a BIG part of the day feeding him dh and i love the recliner in his nursery

LadyGoza
My daughter is just about 3 months old. We usually feed her on the living room couch, as that's where we spend most of our time. But usually the feeding right before bed is done in the nursery with the lights off and the nightlight on. She eats every 3 to 4 hours during the day but has been sleeping 7 hours at night.
whitneymf

Greysen is two months old, he is always a happy little guy and  eats a LOT! every feeding time we like to sit in our big soft rocking chair. Our rocking chair is in the living room, the living room is uaually dark, which i hate but Greysen doesn't seem to mind. It is alway quiet, perfect for relaxing. Most of the time when he is done eating and he falls alseep he will go in the swing that is placed right next to the rocking chair, he listens to his music and will sleep a few hours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)