Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Rash?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Anyone seen anything like this before? My 5 month old dd has this on both her hands. Gonna call her doc tomorrow....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acook0331
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM

It's probably dry. Does she suck on her hands a lot? My son would get that on his hands, chin and cheeks when he was teething because he would suck on his fists and drool everywhere.

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I agree with the past poster.  It looks like really dry skin.  I would assume from it always being in her mouth if she is anything like my son.  I would try to use aquafor or nipple ointment or something on it and see if it helps.  (make sure it is somethig that wont hurt if she gets it in her mouth.

Slayton723
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Yeah she does have her hands in her mouth all the time. What did you use to help? She's been knawing like crazy on those spots since it got this bad.

Quoting acook0331:

It's probably dry. Does she suck on her hands a lot? My son would get that on his hands, chin and cheeks when he was teething because he would suck on his fists and drool everywhere.

Slayton723
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:00 AM
I've never heard of aquafor what is it? And I don't have nipple ointment either but I don't want to put anything on it in fear of her getting sick

Quoting rwebb11:

I agree with the past poster.  It looks like really dry skin.  I would assume from it always being in her mouth if she is anything like my son.  I would try to use aquafor or nipple ointment or something on it and see if it helps.  (make sure it is somethig that wont hurt if she gets it in her mouth.

acook0331
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I was going to suggest Vaseline or Lansinoh (used for cracked nipples, safe for babies). If she has them in her mouth all the time, I wouldn't use Vaseline. But you could dab some on after she falls asleep so it can create a barrier on her skin.

Quoting Slayton723:

Yeah she does have her hands in her mouth all the time. What did you use to help? She's been knawing like crazy on those spots since it got this bad.

Quoting acook0331:

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Aquafor is a scentless dyeless lotion. It is kind of like an ointment. I know you don't want to eat it, but a little bit in the mouth won't hurt because it can be used for chapped lips. You can buy it pretty much at any drug store or wal-mart near the lotion isle. I hope it helps.

Quoting Slayton723:

I've never heard of aquafor what is it? And I don't have nipple ointment either but I don't want to put anything on it in fear of her getting sick

Quoting rwebb11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dflowers
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Does she go to day care?
Slayton723
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM
No she doesn't

Quoting dflowers:

Does she go to day care?
dflowers
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Try aveno eczema care

Quoting Slayton723:

No she doesn't

Quoting dflowers:

Does she go to day care?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM

No, I have not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)