Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

8 Mommy Milestones Parents Hit During Baby’s First Year! Did you reach any of these?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

8 Mommy Milestones Parents Hit During Baby’s First Year

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

baby dollBaby milestones are all the rage the first year of your child's life. By the time your little one's first birthday rolls around, you likely have a list -- both mental and physical -- of all the momentous things he or she has done. Eating solids? Check! Sitting up? Check! Crawling? Check! Walking? Eh, maybe.

But milestones aren't just for babies. Moms hit milestones, too. Mama milestones. You just weren't keeping track because you were too busy taking pictures of your baby.

1. You're sleeping through the night now! Hopefully! Maybe it happened when your baby was 4 months; maybe it happened at 10! But regardless, you, Mama, are likely sleeping through the night now. That's something to celebrate.

2. You no longer check to see if baby's breathing. (Most of the time.) Do you remember when you first looked at your baby and thought about how she was sleeping instead of possibly not breathing? Yay, you! Big girl!

3. You no longer sterilize your entire body -- and have others sterilize their entire bodies -- before touching your baby. Baby will survive a germ or two.

4. You no longer stay up the night before packing a diaper bag to go out for an hour. In fact, you probably just throw a diaper in your purse.

5. You no longer freak out every time baby puts something in her mouth. Babies put crap in their mouth. Eh, what are you gonna do?

6. You no longer call the doctor when your baby sneezes. You know you'll know when something's wrong now.

7. You no longer wonder when your baby is going to meet certain milestones. Because you know she will eventually.

8. You no longer wonder if your baby is happy. Because you know she is.

What "milestones" did you meet during your first year of parenthood?

Image via Lara604/Flickr

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JLCrunch
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I never did numbers 3 or 4 but yes to the others.

Bookoholic
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I did 6 of them 2,3,5,6,7 & 8.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Many of those are true for me

Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I never did 3 or 4. But I sanitize my home any way. Especially if someone has a cold. Eek germ! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Elijahiloveu
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

heck my son is 16 months old and i still do most of these there is nothing wrong with it either better safe then sorry stuff like this is pointless

CelestialSong
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I never did most of those anyway.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I never did any of those things (other than sleeping through the night and checking on their breathing.)

I am picky about who touches my baby, but it's not about germs so much. I won't ever let someone who smokes hold my child. I don't care how much you wash your hands etc. they stink and I don't want it around my baby.

abra
by Abra on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I met all of those within the first year of my SECOND baby's life! lol! I worried all the way through my firstborns first year! 

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Haha yes I met most of those in the first year. It took me until at least then to stop checking on her breathing at night!
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I always wondered if I was doing everything the "right" way with my first.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)