Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Need opinions about summer programs (PIOG)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son is 6 and will be finishing up kindergarten this year. My daughters go to a private preschool that everyone loves and my son used to go to when he was little. They offer a summer program for kindergarteners that is $25/day (full day and includes breakfast and lunch). My daughters will be going there as well this summer. But there is another summer program available that is only $17/day but they have to bring a lunch. I don't know what to do. It would be way easier for me to send all three to the same place (not to mention not having to worry about packing lunch) and I trust them. My son is very social and active and wouldn't have problems either place.

What would you do if in this situation? Pay more for the convenience of only having one drop off and not packing lunch, or pay less and have to pack lunch and have two drop offs in the mornings. The price difference is about $60 per month.

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Marimaru
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I'd pay more for the convenience if my finances are comfortable.

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I would take money out of the equation and decide where I really wanted to send them and pick that place. 

Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM

If you can afford it and you love the place then I would choose the one drop off and the convenience of not having to pack lunches

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I would probably pay more, if my kids didn't mind going to that one.

We do summer programs, but my kids each pick different ones. My son (6.5 and in grade 1) chose the Treasure Hunters one last summer and it was sort of like a geocaching thing.
My 5 year old chose this little drama club where they acted out 'The Paperbag Princess' at the end and it was a lot of fantasy type stuff.

They were $400 each and ran 2 full days a week for 4 weeks. I was able to drop them off at the same time and meals/snacks were provided.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I would do whichever one I felt was best : )

abra
by Abra on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I agree.

Quoting Marimaru:

I'd pay more for the convenience if my finances are comfortable.

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

robibuni
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Like others have said, if you can afford it, go with the convenience!

I don't mind paying more for convenience at all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)