Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: Has anyone ever made homemade rice milk formula or any...

Posted by   + Show Post

Has anyone ever made homemade rice milk formula (or any kind of homemade formula) for their baby? I am thinking of doing this because the commercial formulas are so bad for baby. Thanks for any advice!

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Replies (11-13):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never feed rice milk to anyone, let alone an infant. There's zero nutrition to rice milk, it's basically sugar water.

Good luck! I would definitely be questioning any medical advice before I just quit breastfeeding, especially with a dairy allergic child. Doctors aren't trained in human lactation, and the majority fail to acknowledge their ignorance in this area and continue to dispense untrue breastfeeding advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bally86
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Thanks for the advice. I guess i should have been more clear in my question... i have been reading a lot and dont want to harm my child which is why i am asking about homemade formula.... this is a new option to me and i am trying to learn about it.
I wish i could just breast feed but due to previous surgeries on my breasts ( not implants ) i have a lot of scar tissue which has causes a lot of supply and feeding issues. I have been working hard for 5 1/2 months now and consulting continuously w a wonderful lactation consultant. Sadly i wont be able to nurse after this surgery .... i have asked more than just the surgeon. I am trying to find the healthiest alternative to breast feeding
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I would seek donor milk. Rice milk formula would in no way have enough nutrients to sustain a baby. Sorry mama. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)