Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

6 week postpartum checkup coming up..

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have my 6 week check up coming up on the 2nd of May, and ever since i gave birth a month ago, I am having issues with my bladder. I don't have any control over my muscles when i actually go. I can go, but once i start i can't stop it. It also feels like someone is pushing down on my bladder and it hurts when i go. I've looked up online about this problem and other people have said they even leak when they sneeze, or laugh or cough but i don't think i have that issue. I talked to my dr. last time at my 2 week check up & they said its completely normal. just curious when can i expect this feeling to go away?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Do kegals, it helps a lot.

It can really depend on the person, sometimes it never goes away and some women never have that problem.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Do squats instead of kegels. They actually help the muscles down there more than kegels.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:18 AM
With my first I didn't have that problem, but with my second it took about a month of kegels before I could go all day without running to the bathroom every time I sneezed, coughed or laughed. He was a February baby so I sneezed a lot...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Definitely work on those muscles. They're weak right now from being so stretched out. Do kegals whenever you can't do squats and it should go away.

lauratupper
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Turtledoves:

Definitely work on those muscles. They're weak right now from being so stretched out. Do kegals whenever you can't do squats and it should go away.

robibuni
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Yeah, what everyone else said...do kegels! They DO help!

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I'm with everyone....do your exercises to strengthen back up the muscles!

When I get a cold and bad coughing fits I have to be careful b/c I might pee myself...hahahaha!  But doesn't happen if I sneeze or laugh!  :)  

jessicaaris
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I don't remember having that problem but I would bring it up again now that you are fully recovered from birth.
newmomat22
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I gave birth Feb 19th  I never had what your explaining but after both my 3 month old son and % year old DD I would sneeze and pee lol. Now a lot moreafter my second bab. But kegales seem to  be helping a lot for me. Every body is different and heals differently.. I would run it my your doctor again though just to be safe. good luck mama an congrats on the new baby. 

Fendermama84
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

it should go away soon. i remember all the things i felt so blessed to have back, after giving birth...my carpal tunnel went away, the peeing all the time went away, the back pain...ahhh relief.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN