Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you know/ why did you suspect your baby had reflux?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 21 Replies

I'm wondering if my little guy has it. 

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM

visit reflux.org please

MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Spitting up a lot, and I could hear milk in his throat all the time.  He would also have apnea from it but I only knew that from apnea monitors.  Try keeping him upright for at least 30min to an hour after feedings and try and keep his head elevated when he sleeps if possible.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

zebbyzebby06
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Well dd always threw up everytging. We took her to the dr and tried diff formulas...i had to quit bf too.....but her problem was lactose. once she was on the lactose free fornula it all stopped:( wish i could.have bf. i even tried a cpl months later and she still spit it up. she was always crabby. but new formula worked.wonders.
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM

They were spitting up a lot. So we went into the chiropractor and I told him about it. He said that they had reflux. We did an adjustment and that helped a lot of a while. We just did a few adjustments till they out grew it.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding?
veganistic
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM

BF

Quoting Junebaby18:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

MisfitInTN
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM
My bf baby has silent reflux and had poor weight gain. He also has projectile spitup but that was related to his fpies. His reflux we coukd hear him spit up and swallow it.
Lillysmommy0113
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM

my dd has reflux. projectile puking and breathing problems b/c it was coming out her nose. changed formula and shes better now.

shjchica
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM

That's exactly how my DD was. Every so often she'd actually projectile it straight out of her, but for the most part we'd hear it or see it depending on how we were burping her then we'd see it disappear again w/only a small drop coming out of her mouth. My DD is FF and is on Alimentum now which kept it at bay for a little bit but we ended up needing to get her pepcid...and now that she's eating more I think we have to increase her dose because she's starting to act the way she was before with a little spit up and getting really beastly and not wanting to sleep again.

Quoting MisfitInTN:

My bf baby has silent reflux and had poor weight gain. He also has projectile spitup but that was related to his fpies. His reflux we coukd hear him spit up and swallow it.

CafeMom Tickers
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Quoting veganistic:

BF

Quoting Junebaby18:

how's his latch?  does  he ever choke or gag on the milk flow?  lastly, you can look at diet change... there are several things to explor before before jumping to reflux, reflux is way over diagnosed.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)