Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of baby boys..

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm due in July with my first boy. I have a little girl who is 2. I'm just wondering how different it really is? What do I need to know about little boys? Any good advice or heads up? Must haves, and do's and don'ts?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaybri2012
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm guessing the biggest difference is the water works!  I change his diapers FAST or keep him covered with something.  Pretty much the moment I open the diaper he'll pee.  After 9.5 months, I have it figure out, but I will admit to have used my hand to stop the flow of urine from spraying out.  Actually, the first thing he did after being born was pee on the wall behind him.  LOL.  Gotta keep that little penis facing down or things can leak out.  It's quite a talent. 

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I always wanted a girl because I was worried I wouldn't be able to relate to a boy but aside from learning to change there paper before they pee on you I have had no trouble you will learn all of your superheroes and transformers boys can be more rough and don't mind dirt as much Im pregnant with my 3rd boy and its been a blast.

Congratulations
Salem2012
by Anais on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM

They will pee on you constantly at the beginning!

graycalico
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this

The only thing different is diaper changes.  My son will have a baby just like my dd had trucks.  Both are super fun.  All kids have their own distinct personality outside of gender, you could have two girls who are complete opposites.  So I try to just take them as they come.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM
2 moms liked this
When changing his diaper, ALWAYS point his penis straight down. Not sideways or going up. If it goes anyway but straight down, he will leak out the sides or top of his diaper. Also, in the beginning, open the diaper carefully and slowly. As soon as air hits them, here comes the pee!

Boys can be really fun. I have 2 boys, 17 and 8 and a dd that is almost 2.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is stronger than my daughter was. I honestly have trouble pulling him off of things sometimes. He's a year old. He head butts, which my daughter did too, but she did it nicely, like a cat. He hurts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tuckermum
by Crysta on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't gotten peed on lol. My sons almost 4 months and never has happened. He has pooped on me twice lol. So for me nothing different. Congrats on your baby boy :)
Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Change diapers fast and always aim that thing down...

Other then that, I don't see too much of a difference. I have my first girl now, and she's a bit clingier and higher needs then the boys were, but that's about it.

Congrats :)

LongBeachLiz
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Dirt oozes out of their pores lol. My son is forever dirty and he gets 1-2 baths a day!!

SOCO101
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ladies:) I literally lol'd at many of the responses! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)