Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

At what age did you give your.. Update on page 3. UPDATE AGAIN!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 89 Replies

Baby Juice??? My son is 7 months, eating baby food and snacks such as mashed fruits (i do it myself) and the Gerber Puffs. So my question is, is it okay to give him juice?

UPDATE!

For those of you who do not understand, I am very well aware that WIC is a supplementary program and is not supposed to cover everything you need for the month. OBVIOUSLY! I am only having issues supplying DS with his extra formula because I LOST MY JOB and money has been really tight.

Also, he eats table foods, and snacks by himself. The only thing I spoon feed him is his cereal and baby food. And of course he drinks his bottles.

1 bottle of juice, watered down to 1oz juice and 5 oz of water a day is not going to hurt him any. He is doing everything else just fine. He is only getting his juice once a day and its during one of his snack times.

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't give juice for at least 2 years.  Even then it is watered down.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

staciexo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM

i give my kids juice sometimes starting around 9m. they were mostly bf anyway but i would give them some watered down. 5oz water with 1oz of juice. now at 1 and 2 they still drink it that way. it wont hurt him to give him juice but most juices have lots of unnecessary sugar so that is why i water it down.

angevil53
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
There's no need unless he's constipated.
Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I gave my boys watered down 100% juice at about 6 months, my daughter's 6 months now and hasn't had it yet but when she starts table food I'm sure I'll give her a bit here and there.

Heatherp23
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM

My issue was I wasn't sure if it would hurt him or not. I have a 2 year old DD and she was fine drinking watered down juice. Even now it's watered down because juice just doesn't agree with her belly. I know all babies are different but wasn't sure if there would be any health factors by me giving him watered down juice. I put 4 oz of water and 2oz of juice...

Quoting staciexo:

i give my kids juice sometimes starting around 9m. they were mostly bf anyway but i would give them some watered down. 5oz water with 1oz of juice. now at 1 and 2 they still drink it that way. it wont hurt him to give him juice but most juices have lots of unnecessary sugar so that is why i water it down.

Kris_PBG
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I wouldn't...
mandapanda82
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Juice is just alot of sugar, they don't need it most pedis will advise against it. I don't even give my 5 y/o juice cuz we don't give her sugar ky on occasion. Ill give her oj every now and then but it's better to just start her on water. If she gets that taste fir juice it'll be hard to get her to ever drink water:)
PEEK05
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I don't give my babies juice.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
If juice upsets your daughters tummy, why do you still give it to her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahsMommy10412
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I gave my son a little bit of juice at 6 months. The doctor told me to wait until a year or just not give him that much juice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)