Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help me please! I am exhausted!! :(

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 36 Replies
My son is 10 months old. He's never slept through the night. He would wake up 1-3 times during the night which is fine because we cosleep and he nurses so i would lose virtually no sleep.
These past three nights he has been sleeping worse than when he was a newborn!!!
The first night it took me an hour to put him back to sleep. Usually he just nurses and goes right back to sleep.
The second night i tried CIO and that didnt work. I was also one to say I'm against CIO but i was exhausted and i tried it and it didnt work.
Then last night was the WORST. He was up for FOUR hours!!! I am so tired.
And usually he's a sweet, happy baby but since he's been sleeping so bad he whines ALL. DAY. LONG. Literally. If he's awake, he's whining.

He is napping like normal.

Please help, i dont know what to do :( i know he can't help it and im trying not to get frustrated but im just really crabby and tired.
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg0620
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Bump!
robibuni
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm. It sounds like he could be teething. Have you checked his mouth for any new teeth? Or any swollen gums?

Has his routine changed any? Is it possible he's OVERtired?

meg0620
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Everyone keeps asking me if he's teething because he doesn't have any yet. But i honestly dont see any teeth or even red or swollen areas. I wish it was teething though, so i could have an answer and know that this is going to end :(

He naps normally during the day, same as he always has, and our routine hasn't changed.
My mom says to let him sleep in his crib, but i would be 10x more tired. I've tried him in his crib before multiple times and he doesn't sleep any better.

Quoting robibuni:

Hmmm. It sounds like he could be teething. Have you checked his mouth for any new teeth? Or any swollen gums?

robibuni
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Yeah I understand the crib issue. My younger daughter will be 14 months next week and still doesn't sleep in her crib. She still co sleeps with us and nurses whenever she wants/needs. She'll only sleep 20-30 minutes at a time on her own :/ Ah well!

Any new foods recently? Perhaps something isn't agreeing with him?

Quoting meg0620:

Everyone keeps asking me if he's teething because he doesn't have any yet. But i honestly dont see any teeth or even red or swollen areas. I wish it was teething though, so i could have an answer and know that this is going to end :(

He naps normally during the day, same as he always has, and our routine hasn't changed.
My mom says to let him sleep in his crib, but i would be 10x more tired. I've tried him in his crib before multiple times and he doesn't sleep any better.

Quoting robibuni:

robibuni
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Also, it COULD just be regular sleep regression. I don't remember if either of my DDs dealt with that at that age though (the big ones for us were at 4 months and 6 months).

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Teething, or working on a new milestone. My 10 mo old is working on walking and she's been a mess at night. Last night she was asleep, but couldn't stop moving, so I was left trying to calm her down!
meg0620
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM
The newest food he tried was peanut butter. He also coincidently developed a rash. I didnt link the two because he's eaten nuts before. Maybe it is peanut butter, though.

Quoting robibuni:

Yeah I understand the crib issue. My younger daughter will be 14 months next week and still doesn't sleep in her crib. She still co sleeps with us and nurses whenever she wants/needs. She'll only sleep 20-30 minutes at a time on her own :/ Ah well!

Any new foods recently? Perhaps something isn't agreeing with him?

Quoting meg0620:

Quoting robibuni:

meg0620
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Thats how my son is. He's restless all night. He's been standing on his own for a few seconds and he's taken a couple steps on 3 different occasions so maybe he's working on walking!

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Teething, or working on a new milestone. My 10 mo old is working on walking and she's been a mess at night. Last night she was asleep, but couldn't stop moving, so I was left trying to calm her down!

meg0620
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Maybe it's another one. He went through the regression at 5 months but not this bad!

Quoting robibuni:

Also, it COULD just be regular sleep regression. I don't remember if either of my DDs dealt with that at that age though (the big ones for us were at 4 months and 6 months).

Salem2012
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Could he be teething? or maybe coming down with something?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)