Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help with feeding!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

My little guy is 61/2 months and he has always fought being fed he's just an on tha go baby! But we started feeding him veggies and he thinks its the funniest thing to blow raspberries with food in his mouth every time you put the food in it comes right back out! Help! Any advice?
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lildragongirl21
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Omg my daughter who is he same age was just doing that today. I had to turn my face so I wouldn't laugh! Just keep going at it to see if it passes. We are doing all veggies first then will move on to the fruits. I dont want her to get that sweet taste the not eat the bland veggies! He is to damn cute btw!
lildragongirl21
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I just put the spoon cupped over her mouth so it wouldn't go everywhere and kept feeding her. And made sure not to laugh or smile! Once they see you crack that smile its all over and it becomes a game.
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM
That is ok and perfectly normal. It just means he isn't ready for solids yet :)

You can wait for awhile before offering again or you can offer actual chunks of food. I prefer to skip puréed food altogether and start out my babies on table food. Much healthier, and tastier too! But really, it is ok for him not to eat any solids yet. He'll be ready soon enough!
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Let him feed himself. Google baby led solids. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM

This.

We skip purees and cereals. No spoons for my baby!

Quoting YzmaRocks:

You can wait for awhile before offering again or you can offer actual chunks of food. I prefer to skip puréed food altogether and start out my babies on table food. Much healthier, and tastier too! But really, it is ok for him not to eat any solids yet. He'll be ready soon enough!

mollysmom328
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Yep, never had that problem lol

Quoting Randi02:

This.

We skip purees and cereals. No spoons for my baby!

Quoting YzmaRocks:

mommyhonu
by Mary on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:13 PM

agreed

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Eliots_momma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Try BLS. I love it :)
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Ditto to all of this.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

graycalico
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Food is just for fun at this age anyway. Wait until he's ready.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)