Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Officer delivers baby on freeway ... his 2nd delivery in recent months.

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

A police officer delivered a baby girl on a Honolulu freeway during the morning rush-hour commute.

The motorcycle officer delivered the baby at about 8 a.m. Thursday on the east-bound H-1 freeway near the Middle Street exit.

"That little girl came out right in the front seat of that pickup truck," said Officer Stephen Keogh, who worked with two other HPD officers to deliver the baby.

Emergency Services spokeswoman Shayne Enright says paramedics took mother and daughter to a hospital, where they were doing well.

Officer Keogh says this is the second time in recent months that he and his beat partners have delivered a baby on the side of the road.

Mom to 3 boys, married for 18+ yrs ...... Live, Laugh & Lots n Lots of Aloha!!!
mommyhonu :0)
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I couldn't imagine. Good for him! My mom delivered my sister in the back seat of their Bronco on the way to the hospital. They actaully got pulled over for speeding and my aunt got out yelling "she's having a baby" and the cop pulled his gun on her. my sister didn't wait and right there my mom had her. they still call her the bronco baby.

abra
by Abra on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

haha! how funny!

rbailey2414
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

crazy!!

jessicaaris
by Jessica on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM
That's awesome!
childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM
That's awesome!
alandou
by April on May. 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Maybe he should change careers? I wish he would have been patrolling the beach when that woman had her baby and dumped it :(

mommyhonu
by Mary on May. 1, 2013 at 2:39 AM
I know, that was sad. But at least that lady heard the baby crying found her and got her to the hospital.

Quoting alandou:

Maybe he should change careers? I wish he would have been patrolling the beach when that woman had her baby and dumped it :(

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:41 AM
3 moms liked this

He's good looking, carries handcuffs, and delivers babies.........I'm a fan!!!

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Lol! My hubby delivered our second in the car in a gas station parking lot. I'm weird and was relieved that the emergency people didn't get there until after the case. :-)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Wow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)