Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 6 month old is off the bottle!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 21 Replies
Yep! no more liners to buy or nipples to switch :) he drinks his formula and his juice (diluted) from a sippie cup. He eats his cereal and baby food via spoon. :) Now ill just have to wean him off the paci when hes a little older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Action_Jaxon
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I breastfed at first so i always used playtex nurser bottles. thus explaining the liners.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

yay! Although be prepared for folks to take issue with giving him juice and ceral that early because that is pretty uncommon. :-) 

emilyelephant
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I should have switched to a sippy then, she did very good with it at six months and didn't even notice the difference. What a change in a month, I decided to try and switch this past week but she's just not having it.

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Congrats! My 2 year old gave up her bottle a few weeks ago. She never got a bottle until around 14 months. I always breastfed until then but I was so desperate to stop that I have her a bottle so she was hooked for a little over a year. She only got it at bed time so it didn't bother me. I was so happy when she gave it up her self. No stress on either of us! Phew.
Action_Jaxon
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM
im gonna be dragged through the mud when i say hes been on cereal bottles since 3mo. he wasnt getting satisfied with formula. and when he had surgery at 5mo the nurses gave him juice in recovery. I bought his first sippy there after and started juice myself.

Quoting abra:

yay! Although be prepared for folks to take issue with giving him juice and ceral that early because that is pretty uncommon. :-) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hi_Rae
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I wish my 1 year old would give up his bottle. We've tried every type of sippy and he just chews on them and spits everything out, even if I know its something he likes
Action_Jaxon
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM
if she did well with it then why did you take it away? now he reaches for adult cups too and im like "nooo thats mommys" lol.

Quoting emilyelephant:

I should have switched to a sippy then, she did very good with it at six months and didn't even notice the difference. What a change in a month, I decided to try and switch this past week but she's just not having it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I had heard somewhere that you aren't supposed to put formula in a sippy, but by the time I decided to do research on it and found out there's nothing to back that up, she wouldn't take it anymore. :/ I'm going to keep trying but I feel like I missed an easy opportunity.

Quoting Action_Jaxon:

if she did well with it then why did you take it away? now he reaches for adult cups too and im like "nooo thats mommys" lol.

Quoting emilyelephant:

Action_Jaxon
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
my nephew is the same way. Hes 14mo. He always had the standard bottle nipple. I think ds is doing so well bc his nipples were wide from the beginning. His sippie nipple is round with bumps to massage his gums.

Quoting Hi_Rae:

I wish my 1 year old would give up his bottle. We've tried every type of sippy and he just chews on them and spits everything out, even if I know its something he likes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hi_Rae
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Hmm maybe, he's used avent bottles and nipples since day 1. What kind of sippy does your lo use?

Quoting Action_Jaxon:

my nephew is the same way. Hes 14mo. He always had the standard bottle nipple. I think ds is doing so well bc his nipples were wide from the beginning. His sippie nipple is round with bumps to massage his gums.

Quoting Hi_Rae:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)