Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

why does my son is eating 6 ozs every 3 to 4 hours??

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

My baby is eating 6 ozs every 3 to 4 hours and if he dont have it he will scream bloodly mudred. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Age?
raye-chan
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Growth spurt?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

How old is he?

Have you tried smaller amounts more often? Your signature says he's 3 months? I have never bottle fed, but my baby eats every 2-4 hours (she was 3 months old last week) and then wakes up once during the night to nurse.

xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:14 PM
4 hours is actually a long time to go in the day time. I would do 4 oz bottles more often and then 6 right before bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
April620
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Look for cues, don't let him get to the point he's starving. Track his eating times so you can have a bottle ready to go a few minutes before he even knows he's hungry. You will need to slowly increase how much you're giving him, if he still seems hungry after the 6 then give him more. 5 or 6 oz every 3-4 hours seems normal for a 3 month old, I think it's something like 2oz + 1oz for every month old they are up to like 9 oz. So for example my dd is 6 months and we give her 8 oz every 3-4 hours.
Blue_Spiral
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Quoting xredstarsx:

4 hours is actually a long time to go in the day time. I would do 4 oz bottles more often and then 6 right before bed.

I was thinking something like this too...

Babies like to eat frequently.

newmomat22
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM

my son is 2 months he eats 8 oz ever 2 to 3 hours during the day and at night his last bottle is at 8- 9pm and he doesn't wake up until 5 am sometimes he sleeps though the night. 

I think you little one is having a growth spurt. 

liamsmommy930
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Mine is 14 weeks and eats 6-7 ounces every 3 hours.  She also sleeps 12 hours at night.  She eats 5 times a day. The doctor thought that was excessive and told us to put rice cereal in her bottle. Yeah we tried it. Made no difference. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)