Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby food

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
Does anyone have a good baby food recipe for kale? Dd hates greens so I always mix them with other veggies but I'd like to try something new! Thanks!
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kbutton24
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Bump
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM

You could try wholesomebabyfood.com

kbutton24
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM
That's the site I usually use. Just looking for something different. Thank you though!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

You could try wholesomebabyfood.com

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I used to mix kale with pear.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

And I found this when I googled Kale and pear, lol

kale
zucchini
pear

Steam or cook kale and zucchini until they are soft. Puree pears. Mix the kale/zucchini puree with the pear puree so it is equal parts. Serve.
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly

This recipe is creative because have you ever seen it on the shelves? My 10 month old didn't think much of the kale/zucchini puree but mixed with sweet pears he ate it right up! Kale is a power food, rich in so many nutrients. Get your babies started on it young!

Read more: http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/baby-food-ideas.html#ixzz2RuFUS7fw

kbutton24
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much! Ill try both!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

And I found this when I googled Kale and pear, lol

kale
zucchini
pear

Steam or cook kale and zucchini until they are soft. Puree pears. Mix the kale/zucchini puree with the pear puree so it is equal parts. Serve.
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly

This recipe is creative because have you ever seen it on the shelves? My 10 month old didn't think much of the kale/zucchini puree but mixed with sweet pears he ate it right up! Kale is a power food, rich in so many nutrients. Get your babies started on it young!

Read more: http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/baby-food-ideas.html#ixzz2RuFUS7fw

jessicaaris
by Jessica on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Bump. My kids never ate much baby food.
kbutton24
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM
We're starting her on table food but if we're having something she can't have yet I give her homemade purées

Quoting jessicaaris:

Bump. My kids never ate much baby food.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

We just fed them whatever we were having. I use lots of different herbs and spices in my foods, so they ate up whatever I put in front of them.

Some of their favourites were (and still are) salmon with lemon juice and black pepper baked in a parchment envelope with cloves of galic cut into 4 pieces. I would also stick carrots, shallots etc. in there at the same time so they would be really soft and full of flavour when I pulled them out.

Baked chicken (you can stuff chicken breasts with cheese and brocolli or spinach etc.).

Ground turkey meatballs - you can hide all sorts of stuff in there! They are amazing with a little feta and spinach added.

Avocado

Baked or steamed edamame beans. I would just toss them in some olive oil and spices, and then bake until crispy (after I shelled them) or would steam them in the shell and then toss in a little butter and black pepper before I shelled them for the babies.

Baked sweet potato

Sauteed/grilled bell peppers and mushrooms (garlic and olive oil!)

For kale, I always bake it into chips or use it in salads :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)