Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Complementary nutrition

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm using this metho with my children.

Do anybody use it?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM

No 100% certain to what you are referring.  I breastfed and did babyled solids/babyled weaning starting at age 6 months.

nickigoingon8
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Never heard of it enlighten me please

alessia47
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM

i translated from italian...it means that you keep breastfeeding utill he wants (my older stpped a 2) but u give him also all the feeo and kind of food he likes and wants

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

That is what I'm doing too. We call it "Baby Led Solids/Weaning".

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I breastfeed my children exclusively until about 7-8 months of age and then begin offering healthy solids occasionally while continuing to also breastfeed. Over time the solids increase and the breastfeeding decreases, but this isn't anything that happens quickly.

Even formula fed babies still drink bottles after solids are introduced, I don't know why some people seem to think you quit breastfeeding with the introduction of solids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alessia47
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

The scope is introducing all the aliments toghtere without weaning procedure or schedule

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I know larissalarie, my youngest quit nursing at 20 months, the middle at 14 months (would have gone longer but I was 4 months pregnant and she didn't like the changes), but we only offered our table food (did babylead weaning) and they ate what they wanted..."weaning" doesn't mean stopping to nurse or bottle feed, it simply means that milk is no longer the sole source of nutrition.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Quoting larissalarie:

I breastfeed my children exclusively until about 7-8 months of age and then begin offering healthy solids occasionally while continuing to also breastfeed. Over time the solids increase and the breastfeeding decreases, but this isn't anything that happens quickly.

Even formula fed babies still drink bottles after solids are introduced, I don't know why some people seem to think you quit breastfeeding with the introduction of solids.

This is what I do as well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)