Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

so whats the big deal with bedtimes?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

for a 7 month old? people look at me like im crazy when i say my son doesnt go to bed till1030-11 at night! i work till 930 pm  i have "put" him on my schedule in order to see him at all! he sleeps 10-12 hours at night and naps great during the day never overtired etc... he is a very happy baby! now if hes tired i put him to bed right away i wont be selfish to just keep him up like last night i got home at 930 DH just put him to bed b/c he was tired so there i was 12 hrs not seeing my baby which btw KILLED me and i didnt wake him he was still up same time as always 830-9

do u think there is something wrong with what im doing? i dont he sleeps same hours as a "put to bed at 8 baby"

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I did the same thing for a while. My husband was coming home at one am so my sons nights were 'messed up' according to everybody else because he had a nap around 8 and then spent two or three hours with my husband before he put him to bed. It was just easier that way for us. Babies don't have to get up for school or work in the morning. They have no need to be up by 7am like older people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Like you said you have to put him on your schedule.
LongBeachLiz
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:19 PM
For a baby its fine. When it comes to preschool time and they have to be up a certain time then it isn't fair. Right now sleep is sleep and that's all that matters.
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Oh who cares. ignore them. I worked midnights and ds stayed up half the night in his play pen cuz hed sleep the day away w me so he could spend time w me. at 4 mine still goes to bed between 10:30-12 and is up every morning at 8 or earlier w no naps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Until my child HAS to be on a schedule for school, I do not care that he doesn't have a schedule. :)
937mrsweaver
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:01 PM

thanks yall!

lauratupper
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Quoting jessicaaris:

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Like you said you have to put him on your schedule.

Eliots_momma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM
We are night owls here. I feel like as long as baby gets enough sleep, it really doesn't matter when it happens.
2timezthefun
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I dont really make a fuss of bedtimes. However having 4 kids 2 and under makes having the same schedule easy. So when my 3 two year olds go down around 830 9 my 11 month old goes down with them. I've had them on the same schedule and now it just works. 

CelestialSong
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Nothing wrong at all. Do people really think it would be better if you never got to spend time with him just to get him to sleep earlier? :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)