Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He always sends them back sick....

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

So, I have a question....every time my 3 year old twin boys come home from spending time at their dad's for the month (I live in PA and he lives in FL), at least one (both of them more often than not) come home sick.
Runny noses where the snot is often green and bad coughs.

Now, their dad has 7 kids in his house (5 when my boys aren't there) plus him and his gf, in a 4 bedroom house, so I'm not sure if that might play a part in this???
I ask because my kids are with their dad right now (they'll be back home with me on Saturday) and when speaking with one of my boys on the phone, he had the same nasty cough that he usually has, when he's been with his dad.

Any ideas why they would get this only when with their dad???

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LongBeachLiz
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM
It could be anything. Even climate change can cause a lot of problems.

Are they normally in day care of preschool? When my dd started preschool she was ALWAYS sick bc she had never been so exposed to so many other kids. At once.
LilTymomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Different weather,..allergies,.. Kids carry many germs and they are usually with many kids there. Maybe they don't wash their hands before eating. It can be many things, that can happen anywhere.

Love Always,

Angel

typing

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I agree, a different climate can do a number on your respiratory system. I'm a prairie girl and we all get sick every time we visit my mom on the coast. Also, that many kids in one house will spread viruses pretty badly. Especially if some of the kids are in school.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I live in my and I get sick every time I go to Florida. It could just be a climate thing made worse by the amount of new people and germs that they're being exposed to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Thanks ladies!  I just get frustrated because after I get them back, I spend a week or more trying to get rid of the issue.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I don't know but you are not the first mom to say this!

It could be a change in the weather or household enviorments

shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM

It could be from living in a different climate change, allergies.  Do they smoke in the house or around them also?

LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM
My ex doesn't smoke, at least he didn't when I was with him bit I'm not sure about his gf.

Quoting shoot4thestars:

It could be from living in a different climate change, allergies.  Do they smoke in the house or around them also?

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Different environment, different diet, different everything :)
Not to mention being around 7 other people is obviously going to be a pretty big pool of germs to pick up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Travel? Climates? Different germs? Could be a combination of things.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)