Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how old is too old?**ETA***

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 103 Replies

to have a baby? IMO (not trying to offend) but i think by 27.. MAYBE 28.... i am 23 now with a 7 month old baby boy :) we want one more, in about 3 years! our whole thing is we dont want to be "old" parents, not that 27 is old but thats just how we are gonna do it..

what about you guys?

ETA- people calm down!!!! i mean really! this was  MY OPINION never did I say one doesnt deserve kids or shouldnt parent etc i said I FEEL.. i was asking everyones opinion!! and just keep in mind everyone has one! so dont tell me Im wrong or immature in the way  I FEEL..

do you see where i said old in " "  again let me say the actual age 27-28 is not old in its self! i just said thats how we feel and were gonna do it! u dont have to agree! and i dont have to agree that having kids 40+ is a "good" thing either. like i said in prior replies everyone is different and circumstances are different with everything in life there will always be special circumstances so please chill out! this is an open forum for disscusion,opinions etc.

have a nice day!

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Menopause.
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't think there any any age that is too old.
937mrsweaver
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

REALLY?  what about 50? 60? they wont be able to get around good or play with their kids outside.. be alive to see granchildren etc.. u think that is ok?

Quoting jessicaaris:

jessicaaris
by Jessica on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Being older doesn't make someone any less able to love a child. Which in my opinion is the most important part of parenting.

Quoting 937mrsweaver:

REALLY?  what about 50? 60? they wont be able to get around good or play with their kids outside.. be alive to see granchildren etc.. u think that is ok?

Quoting jessicaaris:

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Since I had my first at nineteen, I decided I wasn't having any more babies after thirty. My mom was young when she had me and I knew I wanted to be able to be as active as she was. I can play with my kids. I can still function on no sleep when my little one stays up all night. Everyone is different though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow. Really???

I had my FIRST at 30... If we decide to have more, I will be 34-35... I must seem ancient to you.

I feel I am a better parent for waiting to have a child. We were married at 24 and 22, but I was not ready to be a mother at 22. I had my first career, grew as a person and developed my marriage.

I think everyone needs to decide for themselves when they feel they are too old to have a child, but the idea that "27" is old makes me laugh!!! All the moms I know started after your cut-off age!
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Not my place to judge

MaturingMommy
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM
For me personally. I had my first at 16 and am having my second at 20. And if my df and I decide to have ONE more I will be around 23-24 when we have that baby but I told df 25 is my cut of age. There will be no more babies out of this body after 25.
screamykittycat
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:57 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm 28 and just had my first.
It was perfect timing for us.
When I was your age, I was still having too much fun to even think about babies.
I wouldn't have it any other way :)
theirmommy04
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM

My FIL was 50 was my DH was born. He constantly worries about his father, etc., because of his age. I do think there is a point where it's a little ridiculous to have a kid (in his defense, DH was an 'accident'). Maybe by 35? I don't know...really haven't thought much about it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)