Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how old is too old?**ETA***

Posted by   + Show Post

to have a baby? IMO (not trying to offend) but i think by 27.. MAYBE 28.... i am 23 now with a 7 month old baby boy :) we want one more, in about 3 years! our whole thing is we dont want to be "old" parents, not that 27 is old but thats just how we are gonna do it..

what about you guys?

ETA- people calm down!!!! i mean really! this was  MY OPINION never did I say one doesnt deserve kids or shouldnt parent etc i said I FEEL.. i was asking everyones opinion!! and just keep in mind everyone has one! so dont tell me Im wrong or immature in the way  I FEEL..

do you see where i said old in " "  again let me say the actual age 27-28 is not old in its self! i just said thats how we feel and were gonna do it! u dont have to agree! and i dont have to agree that having kids 40+ is a "good" thing either. like i said in prior replies everyone is different and circumstances are different with everything in life there will always be special circumstances so please chill out! this is an open forum for disscusion,opinions etc.

have a nice day!

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Replies (51-60):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Well, I wanted to be done having my kid's by 35 and it worked out for me. Everyone has their choices to what makes them happy. I wanted to be a younger parent so I became one. For some people, it's better to wait.

mikas
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Sometimes it's not a matter of choice.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Well, I wanted to be done having my kid's by 35 and it worked out for me. Everyone has their choices to what makes them happy. I wanted to be a younger parent so I became one. For some people, it's better to wait.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 2, 2013 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I just had twins at 29, haha.

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 13 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 9 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 5 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 11 months old
Angela Victoria 06-09-1996 - 16 years old (niece) 

xxMichellexx
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I had a cut off age of 35, but if you are set on no children after a certain age, then there are only 2 ways of enduring there are NO more kids..
Either have an operation or no sex:) because life doesn't always go as planned and sometimes God has other ideas..
I am 42 and was on deprovera but got my months mixed up, and it only took that for me to fall pregnant..
My LO is very loved and is a healthy and happy little bubs..She is the youngest of 5..my kids are 14,13,11,5 and 41/2 months..
I don't smoke or drink, which makes me a lot healthier than a lot of younger mothers who do smoke ect..
I know a few mums who will be older mums due to infertility issues, not every female is able to have babies easily and can spend years TTC..
Every mum has reasons why they have children young/older and sometimes there is an unplanned surprise..
rmfanfgljf
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I'd say by 40 simply because of the risk of more complications. Anywho I had my three kids by 26, we are done and can enjoy watching our miss grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandalyn74
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I got pregnant at 36 with my second one.  It was not exactly planned (we were not trying but were not on B/C, figured if it happened then it happened).  I was very concerned with increased risk of Down's Syndrome being over 35.  In my mind I believe 40 is too old, even though you probably still can get pregnant I would personally consider the risk too great.  My tubes are now tied so that is it for me.

reneer1
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM
3 moms liked this
Ummm, I just had my first at 38. I'm very active, more than most people half my age. I have a physical job and am a runner so age has nothing to do with activity level. I'm sure there are benefits and negatives on both ends of the spectrum, but I am much more prepared at this age than I would have been even 10 years ago. I have more patience, am more confident in my decisions, and don't feel like I am missing out on anything by having a baby to take care of. He isn't causing me to delay any of the things I wanted to accomplish so there's no resentments. Being a mom is where I am right now and I think he will benefit from that.
Salem2012
by Anais on May. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Well...i think 40 is old for a kid not 28 lol but im 26 soon to be 27 and i have a 14 month old and im possibly pregnant now. If i am i'd have one at 25 and one at 27 which i dont think is old.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Too old? Menopause. I believe menopause happens for a reason and shooting yourself up with hormones so you can trick it isn't quite right.

Personally I would like to be done at least by 40. I'm pregnant with my 5th at 31 and I wouldn't complain if this was my last, either.
Lizzychlo
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM

36-38 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)