Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I had a scare today

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
I was going to pick up my daughters from school and the main road was blocked off because of what looked like a nasty car accident. So traffic was redirected and I went around to get to the school from the other direction (the school is on a side street right off the main road). Well it was block off that way too. So I had to so a loop around and I get to the school. Well it's on a corner and on that corner is a cop car directing traffic and one of the teachers standing out by the cop car. So then I started to her freaked out because there was about a mile blocked off and the corner by the school would not need to be blocked off for an accident. So now ofcourse I'm thinking worse case scenario, something happened at the school, they are looking for someone, etc etc the possibilities are endless to a worried mother. So I go inside and ask the teacher what was going on and a gas line broke at a hotel about 1/4 mile from the school and they had the whole area blocked off as a precaution.
So we loaded up and got home ASAP. Everything was fine and they got it fixed no harm done but when I pulled up to the school I was like "OMG what the heck!"
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
alandou
by April on May. 1, 2013 at 1:16 AM

My heart would be pounding, as I'm sure alot of other parents or family members would be too. Scary situation no matter what it is when it involves kids, even as a precaution.

lauratupper
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Oh my! 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Scary!

abra
by Abra on May. 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM
that is scary!! Glad everyone is ok.
LilTymomma
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I would have been freaked out too!!! Thats scary!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)