Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Had to sell some stuff...

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:38 AM
  • 13 Replies

We're extrememly low on money and so I've been having to sell some stuff to get some extra cash for our bills. It's mostly dd's things and I just feel awful about it. I had to sell her crib. She's in a full size bed now but I wasn't ready for it to be gone. I'm actually kind of sad about it. I feel like I sold part of her life away. I guess I'm kind of emotional about it because I had PPD really bad the first 3 months of her life and I really don't remember much in that time frame. I already feel guilty for that and then I go and sell her crib. I still have alot of good memories of her in it once I started feeling better and now it's just gone. I try to be positive about it and tell my dd that it's always good to share and that the little boy that came with his dad to our house to get it, will be so to happy to have a new bed to sleep in. Inside I feel kind of empty but I'll do what I have to do to keep the utilities on. I hope all this doesn't sound silly but I had to vent about it...

Birthday

by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicMommy_72
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:44 AM
No fun, we moved often n when ds1 crib finally ccollapsed I was pissed at the world for a long time. He started sleeping in it at 2 months and stayed in it to 20 months... :( I miss it still n he's five .... in other words I feel your pain n heartache to that particular piece of baby history.
AngelicMommy_72
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Btw lol it didn't actually collapse, we misplaced a screw or two n because he was big enough fir a toddler bed and ds 2 was a co sleeper, we got rid of it.
AirForceWife13
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:47 AM
At least you knew what you had to do. Im sorry you feel that way. I have 4 kids and they have all shared the same crib. My youngest ds is 1 and hes currently in the crib until next week when his new bed comes. When hes done with it I will store the crib in our garage and keep it forever. That crib is almost 14 years old and I am not going to part with it at all.
momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM

oh i'm sorry momma! letting go of that stuff is hard period let alone before your ready.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I am sorry. Try not to worry. She isn't going to care that you sold her crib! She has a bigger and better bed!

lauratupper
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM

(((hugs)))

mommyto3121405
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM

im sorry u had to do that i had to sell my cloth diaper stash when we needed money so now back to sposies i love them but until we get our own house its not finicially possible

abra
by Abra on May. 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM

((hugs)) I've been there before. Kid's are resiliant. I promise selling her crib is harder on you then it is on her. She's probably excited to be in a big girl bed.  I have a lot of guilt about being so sick (HG) throughout all my prengancies and the impact it had on my other kids. So far the only one who has a noticable impact on has been my oldest (she's 7, and saw me go through it for 9 months when she was 3, 5 and 6), but we are working on it. Just refilling her love "tank" with lots of one on one time now that I am 100% again. 

KRIZZ25
motherhood is not a race..u can't outdo one another..u go go ur own speed.
Yesterday at 2:56 AM
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM
i gave my dd crib to someone in need..it a sad moment ..
Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Aww :(

I hope things get better for you soon! I always find it a little sad getting rid of baby stuff. This is my last baby, and I gave away a lot of the newborn stuff, but I am keeping my favourite outfits. I cried when I gave our bath tub and one of my wraps to my SIL haha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)